Update On My 2 Girls, I Am A Husky Owner Of A Few Months, Now.

juliapiano

Hey, everyone!

Last I posted, I was worried about my 2 year old husky Dakota and my 6 week old puppy getting along.

Dakota loves Cadence now, and they play much more fair now that the puppy is a little bigger. Cadence is fully potty trained, asks to go outside by crying in her kennel or at the door. She also knows sit, come and drop. She is really good at drop. Whenever she picks something up and I say drop, she throws it back down. She is only 11 weeks old!

Dakota was really making me angry because she had been neglected as a dog, by her previous owners. She was really skinny and had poor manners and did not listen well at all. Now, I had changed her food to Taste of the Wild, and her coat is so thick and soft. I have been working with her off a leash in a guarded area, and she comes to me 90 percent of the time. I let her run without a leash at the beach, and she had come back every single time. This may also be due to the amount of time I made her stay close to me while sleeping and while I was sick with depression for a few weeks, recently. (I barely moved...) She knows sit very well, and when she tries to beg for food, I make her lay down on the floor by saying down...

Overall, I am really happy with the two girls! They are doing great and are fun company

thanks!post-11411-0-23073400-1396241388_thumb.ppost-11411-0-98838800-1396241534_thumb.p

So glad they are getting on better now.

As Nix says be careful when they are offlead.

The Recall only works until the Husky independance streak kicks in and then

they disappear over the horizon and you spend the next two days frantically searching for them.

Don't you love when a plan comes together?  Good news all around.