You as bad as Sarah??

Marc

OK guys, I seem to have this problem with Sarah and copying video files and pictures rather than moving them to other places. Because of this I found that Ihave a lot of duplicated content on my harddrives. Now to put the problem into context, I have 3.5tb of hard drive space. For those of you who are none so technical, this is 3584 gig of space on my system. Thats a lot of places where there can be duplicates lying around.

So tonight I decided I would have a look around and see if I could find a program that would find duplicated files on my system. I found one that seems to work quite well and shows me any file that it thinks is a duplicate (or sometimes triplicate in my case) on my drives. Here's the program, try it for yourself.

http://doubles.sourceforge.net/

Is this really gonna work ?

Be careful if yours is out like mine when I take a picture it save on my camara as file dsc1000, dsc1001 and so on now if I upload them to my comp as a cut so they come off the camara what happens with the next lot of pictures I take ? thats right the file name goes back to dsc1000,if I run this program is it going to think every dsc1000 is the same file if so its a waste of time as I have some 10,000 pictures on my come and god knows how many start with said file name.

And yes I got multi copys of same pics on harddrives because like most there are to many to sort and I got a life :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is this really gonna work ?

Be careful if yours is out like mine when I take a picture it save on my camara as file dsc1000, dsc1001 and so on now if I upload them to my comp as a cut so they come off the camara what happens with the next lot of pictures I take ? thats right the file name goes back to dsc1000,if I run this program is it going to think every dsc1000 is the same file if so its a waste of time as I have some 10,000 pictures on my come and god knows how many start with said file name.

And yes I got multi copys of same pics on harddrives because like most there are to many to sort and I got a life :)

Compares file size, file name, and various other file definitions in order to establish a genuine dupicate. Obviously its always worth checking them to make sure, but seems accurate to me.