Hello all, from Los Angeles!

Hello all,

Fairly new husky owner, We got Max when he was only 7 weeks old. He is now 8 months old and he is just amazing. He is indeed our first dog, and so far everyone we've told this too looks at us like we don't know what we are getting ourselves into, but I couldn't help it, huskies have been my favorite dogs since I first laid eyes on the breed when I was little.

He does have his moments, digging at the couch/bed and then chewing on the stuffing he takes out, chewing/eating some furniture, play biting, and still urinates in the house. We have tried a few things with all and he's slowly learning these are not ok, though still having issues with him urinating inside. I'm not sure if he's still trying to mark his territory (he has been fixed) or just urinates whenever he feels the urge, since at times he does a little bit within a minute or two of drinking water. We've tried redirecting him to a potty patch which he did use for his other business when he was still doing that inside, but once he learned only to go outside for that he stopped using it. We've tried pads, but he just starts chewing and dragging those around the house when he finds them. We have been giving him treats and praising him every time he urinates outside in hopes that he catches on, but no such luck. If anyone has any useful ideas on this please let me know. :D

Other than the few things I've mentioned, Max has been an amazing addition to the family. We all just adore him and can't get enough of him.

Now, what you have been dying for, Max:

5493_1147292397350_1078765369_30462717_6594504_n.jpg

14331_1216170839268_1078765369_30648925_3586521_n.jpg

14331_1216170919270_1078765369_30648927_2024064_n.jpg

14331_1216170959271_1078765369_30648928_2982636_n.jpg

14331_1216170999272_1078765369_30648929_3646399_n.jpg

!!!!!!!!!! HEY JON !!! first of all welcome to the pack :) nice to see some1 else from LA :) we should introduce Max to Viktor when V gets a bit older as he is only 7 weeks 5 days old :D about the urinating thingy im not the most knowledgable guy when it comes to the breed but what i do is- i take him out for a walk as soon as he wakes up from his naps, that way he cant find time to urinate in the house :D + check petco for a book called``siberian huskies for dummies`` :D its pretty fun to read and helpfull.Ooo and max is gorgeous say hi :D

Jon, welcome to the site. I must say, I love your avatar. That's a beautiful picture. As far as the issue you are having, it sounds like you have tried your very best to get Max to go outside. At 8 months, he should be fine with that by now. Praises and treats are excellent when he does the right thing. I'm curious what happens when he does the wrong thing? It may or may not have something to do with it. I think the key is to get him out whenever he's "due" to go. If he does, then praises and treats are good. If he goes outside, comes in, and does it in the house, the best I can offer is to just say NO to him at that moment, without getting too animated about it. Just let him know he did something that is not right. Of course, you may not be where he is at that moment, and that may also be part of the problem. I just don't know. Anyway, in time, I think you'll work it out. Others will probably chime in here as well. Luckily for me, that was never a problem. Sheba was easy to train, but I was with her almost all of the way. Good luck. That's a nice looking husky.

!!!!!!!!!! HEY JON !!! first of all welcome to the pack smile.gif nice to see some1 else from LA smile.gif we should introduce Max to Viktor when V gets a bit older as he is only 7 weeks 5 days old biggrin.gif about the urinating thingy im not the most knowledgable guy when it comes to the breed but what i do is- i take him out for a walk as soon as he wakes up from his naps, that way he cant find time to urinate in the house biggrin.gif + check petco for a book called``siberian huskies for dummies`` biggrin.gif its pretty fun to read and helpfull.Ooo and max is gorgeous say hi biggrin.gif

I've got that book!!! 1 of about 7! Love it.

Welcome, Love the pics hes very fluffy! x

Hi, Jon, welcome to the pack :wave:

Max is a stunning looking pup! Have you had him checked out at a vets in case he does have a bladder issue, like Wasp suggested? I'd have thought at 8 months he would know where to go & let you know he needed to potty.

Good luck with the book, I've heard it is an excellent read :D

And thanks for the pics - keep 'em coming! xx

Thanks for all the welcomes, glad to be apart of the pack. :)

The tips are great, we will try and catch him in the act and make sure we let him know that it isn't ok to do that in the house. I went ahead and ordered the book since it sounds like it will be very helpful.

As far as talking to the vet, I have not brought up the issue itself to them. Maybe I made it out to where he urinates in the house all the time, which isn't really the case. I think it is more of us not usually catching him in the act and telling him it isn't ok, but just to be sure I will contact the vet to see if they could test a sample, I rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks again guys, I will make sure to have more pictures soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...