newbie to huskies!

hi everyone, im new here, i brought home cleo my 8 week old siberian shepherd on friday so thought i better sighn up on here.

i live near cambridge im 17 and am taking a gap year, so thought i would get a dog.

3 months ago my 12 year old german shepard cross sadly died, so i wanted to get another dog.

the main thing im struggling with at the moment is cleo eating her own poop at night then coming on my bed and licking my face and mouth any tips on how to stop this

p.s huskies are awsome! and very bright by the looks of things, i have got her to sit, lay down and stay already.

hoping when shes older to get her to pull me on a scooter thing not sure yet need to reasearch it further.

but yeh thats about it ile post some pics of her.

121.jpg

cleophotoshopped.jpg

124.jpg

119.jpg

117.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

i do like to dab in photoshop from time to time, so if anyone wants there woofa with a plain background like that one just let me know and i will be happy to help.

any tips appreciated !!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow she is beautiful, i have always been around german shepards all my life before huskies and they are my second favourite doggy now.. she is beautiful,, welcome to this crazy forum lol

lol thanks, yeh german sheps are my favorite, altho i love huskies to so mixed hopefully is perrrrfect lol

Guest snowdog

lol nah its well easy to do, just when you have puppies theres constant mess lol, im thinking of framing that one tho

yep deffo frame that one its sssssoooooooooo frameable, if thats a wordblink.gif yep loads a mess and poo eewwww

Hi, Curt, welcome on board :wave:

As Sarah suggested, Cleo might not be getting a balanced diet - are you feeding what the breeders gave her? Did she do it with her litter or only since coming to you?

Look forward to some pics, your GSD was a gorgeous pup, I had a GSD for 12 yrs, will have to dig a pic out of him.

Enjoy the forum & if you can't find something, shout up! :D

hi curt dunno if sarah can help, but i cant send piccie in pm, dunno if you can just copy my pic out of gallery not sure ???

yeh, just email it to curtreid8@hotmail.com#

shes on iams puppy food, at the moment, she needs worming again, but we are talkin her to the vets next friday do injections anyway so not sure.

the breeder didnt give me any info really after i bought the dog, she wouldnt get back to me, a bit weird, so gonna get her properly checked out,

Hey ya Curt & Cleo, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!! Wow Cleo is such a cutie :wub: lovely pics you have posted thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends :D really look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing all about Cleo she grows. x x x x x

yeh, today she did it and i caught it in loo role and left it on the floor to see what she would do, turned around and went straight for it so i tried "no" nothing worked, so i got a mister, like squerter and put water in it and sprayed her nose everytime she went for it, backed up with a "no" and in the end she stopped going for it, but still if i turned my back she would

Hi Curt & Cleo,

Cleo is soooooooo gorgeous :wub:

Sorry to hear about your GSD, so sad:( I am a huge GSD fan myself as you can see my big boy George in the pics, I've grown up with them & they are fantastic furbabies :lol: I'm also new to the wonderful world of Husky & we have had Maia (our first) for just over 2 months now & they are soooo much fun :D

The poop eaten thing, Maia used to do this & what worked for us is the short, sharp, loud NO did work eventually. Also cleaning up asap so she doesn't even get the chance to sniff, Good luck & a very big welcome to the pack :D xxx

thanks maia yeh looks like im going to just be persistent!

i took controll last night and woke her up at 1 put her on paper and said potty loads she went so i praised her!

then at 3 again she went again,

and then at 7 so she didnt have a chance!

i think im going to have to do this untill she can go outside

i took her outside for the first real time today she loved it lol