i need help

bonniemania

To get your dog to stop barking you must first get it to bark. Sounds daft but, on a one to one with your dog ask her to bark or 'talk'. Then when she does this give her an indication (wheather verbal or visual) to be quiet (always use the same word) when she is quiet give her a treat. Keep repeating this as you would for any training method, until when she barks and you haven't told her to 'speak' use the quiet command and when quiet (hopefully) a treat. Just make sure you have plenty of treats...wink.gif

also, if she barks when you or others walk in, ignore her until she stops & is quiet, then say hello to her. Even if she jumps, nips, etc, turn away from her, don't make eye contact or speak to her until she stops, then praise her for stopping. This is gonna take a while, tho, unless you get lots of people to come throughout the day for a few days till she gets the message :)

Good luck with it, x

Bings is the same ignorin him tends 2 work but then agen so does fussin 2 shut him up lol i like that he barks the hes a good detterent makes for a good guard dog :) what every1 else has sed tho works a treat :) suppose the barking is more from her GSD side then her husky bit cuz huskies dont rly tend 2 bark much

• 1 month later...

They say huskies are not gaurd dogs well i think my Odin is lol he never barks but if he hears any one outside at nite he goes crazy at the front or back door, would drive me mad if he did all the time so glad the advice people gave you is working.

i don't mind Thor an Loki they howl not bark i can cope with that lol