Out of curiousity, whens the earliest you can neuter a dog?

Hock

I'll prolly just leave it up to the Vets descretion then since they'll be more knowlegable about it. Also, which types of crates does everyone recomend? The metal ones seem like they would be best since they collapse and you can section them in the beginning for the pup and let it grow into it.

Hi, i know most vets used to say we should wait until 6 months to get them "fixed" but I think that has changed in the last few years, as my vet that I go to would have neutered Chewy at 5 months if I would have allowed it. I would just go with whatever age you feel is best for your dog, thats what most people do now.

Here in Finland it´s quite rare to neutered on so young age as 6-12 months. Many of dog owners wanted to their dogs fully grown up first. Siberian husky increase size and mass until 3 years old. When they are finally full-grown. Example my other husky, Ruska is having a cataract in her both eyes. And cause of that I´ll not use her breeding. But I´m still going to wait several years before I´ll neutered her. Because I want to her personality and physique fully developed first. :)

Technically you can desex puppies at 8-10 weeks - rescues here do it all the time and some breeders do too.

Most vets recommend around 6 months, I prefer to wait until the dog has matured a bit around 12 months but there's no hard and fast rules when it comes to desexing. Most dogs here would be desexed at six months.