is he bored or just wanting attention

greywolfess

just one question fellow furry lovers my dog ralphie has recently started to chew things ,(i know it probly normal ).all my years of training tells me is he bored or wanting attention as he goes out regularly (we have a big garden and often does the school run with me ,but this destructive phase has only just started last couple of days or so ,most nights he has company as my hubby stays up most of the night so im at my wits end really ,i know put things out of his reach and all that i dont want to start to crats train him at the age he is (2yrs ) but if it keeps up hell have to be either kept outside or in the kitchen (which he can open the door ive now found out hehe) as im sat here hes the picture of innocence (asleep on rug ) but hes just got hold of some plastercine my daughter has obviously left on the side and im sat here with him ??????.so please help you experts out there

have you thought about giving him a kong, nylabone or bone?? bones keep kira occupied for ages, a few days if they're big!

when you catch him chewing something say 'no' firmly and take whatever it is away and replace it with something he can have

i thought of that too went to asda yday n found the biggest hide bone i could find as he seems to like these he spent most of the evening chewing it n going back to it its still around on the floor (bits of it evrywhere ) but he still went for the plastercine ,now hes got this bone chew im gonna wait n see if he chews anything else when left alone ,iw ill be reprimanding him as u recommend if it happens again ,hes a real smart character but i still love him to bits

maybe the plastercine was tasty!!! lol

kira will sometimes get something she shouldnt, or find a cup to lick out... stupid dog lol, but having bones or chews does stop her doing it all the time, and now if shes bored she'll go into her crate and pick out a certain bone, then withing 10 minutes theres about 5 all over the floor because she got bored of them and went to get a different one!! lol

couldnt have been that tasty could it ??? she sounds a real sweetie ,i just hope i can get to meet u all soon gotta get a job first

kira finds cat shit tasty... plastercine would have been gold lmao

yea you gotta get down for the meet!! we can meet you at london for the train

funny enough ralphie has a thing for cat shit too ,thats when the name stinky breath or dog breath really comes in ,was looking up train journey prices like £85 dont cheer me none and im sure ill get lost i think ive gotta change somewhere in between ,but hubby says any trips are out of the question tillwe get a job or some money coming in but we'll see

thanks evryone i aim to keep things up out of his way and im always firm but fair with him (same as kids really)i spose the answer really is chews to keep him occupied and up his excercise a bit (eldest child has offered her services ) sarahg he doesnt always get to the cat poo just once in awhile and i do my best to avoid it happening looking into fixing a stair gate at bottom of stairs

Not necessaraly bordom or attention-seeking. Just a sibe being a sibe ;)

Provide distraction-therepy in the form of acceptable to chew items and keep anything you value out of the way.

Strangley enough, cat poo's not an issue here. Theres not a cat brave/suicidal enough to ventre anywhere near our gardens. would give it about 3 seconds if it did! :rolleyes:

dont think ive done anything diffrent at mo but to date hes not chewed anything else since the other day hubby says he got cat poo again tday n got scolded ,,i know most of u say cats aint an issue but wen u have four house cats resident then it is a slight problem ,most of them are getting used to him now and ive even had the most timid cat within spitting distance quite an achievement i think ,,,again folks thanks for your help and ill keep u updated