Meet Kino

Meet Kino!

gallery_951_2_72195.jpg

Hi, I'm new to this website as well as to being a Husky owner(5 days and counting). I broke one of my rules when getting him and that was that I would never buy a dog from a pet store. While I was at a store getting some chemicals to stabilize a fish tank I saw him and I fell in love. After playing with him for a little in the store he was so well behaved and intelligent I couldn't say no.

Right now he is 10 weeks old and mostly house trained and completely crate trained. Unfortunately hes not feeling to well at the moment as he has a mild case of kennel cough. Hopefully the antibiotics he has clears that up right away.

Oh he's adorable!!

Welcome to the pack :D

Not the best start in life coming from a pet shop but i'm sure he will bring you many years of love and happiness.

Feel free to nose around and ask anything and everything :) They're a breed in their own right and unlike another dog enjoy the puppy stage while you can and make sure you post us lots of pics :D :D

Hi, Erik & Kino, welcome to the pack :wave:

I agree with Sarah, not the best start for Kino, but he should come on leaps & bounds at home with you ... & I hope his cough gets sorted quickly, poor pup :)

Look forward to chatting with you around here & seeing pics of Kino growing up & driving you mad! :P

Welcome to the pack. Kino looks like a he's zeroed in on something. He's a great looking dog. I hear you on the "pet store" thing. I'm not a big fan of that route either. But, perhaps Kino is in better hands with you than he would have otherwise been. I hope you did a lot of research on Huskies. If not, best get crackin'. They are a wonderful breed, but so many end up in shelters because their owners did not realize the amount of commitment required to care for a Husky. We almost gave up our first Husky during her first two years. But we stuck it out, learned from her and from our misguidings, and would not have any other breed. They are such a joy to own and to be around. Post up some more pics when you get a chance. And please keep us posted as Kino grows up. He's going to be a handsome one.

Welcome Kino and human! LOL

Start your research now - you'll need to know lots so that the handsome Kino doesn't frustrate you! Huskies are a very challenging breed. Don't get discouraged. We've all been there (and most of us will never have any other breed despite how we've been challenged.)

Hello and welcome! That's certainly a handsome boy you have there in Kino!

You'll find lots of advice and answers on this site, lots of friendly folks. I see you're in Orlando; I also have my huskies in a (relatively) warm-weather climate (Atlanta), so I can relate to some of the challenges you'll face. My boys are completely different personalities in the winter vs the summer, and I face real challenges keeping them safely exercised daily in the warmer months (lets just say I get up awfully early in the summer!). I look forward to learning more about your experiences with Kino as he grows! He's a handsome boy and will keep you on your toes! :)

Hey ya Erik & Kino, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!! Aww Kino is such a little cutie.... :wub: Really hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this lovely Breed :D Please feel free to ask any questions as everyone on here is super nice :laola: Really look forward to chatting to you and seeing lots of pics and hearing all about your furbaby grow!! x x x x