can I kc

Guest snowdog

Guest snowdog

can anyone who knows how the k.c works answer this for me, on both occasions when i bought Neeko and Neo, thay were advertised as mom and dad k.c'd but pups arnt, now when i went to look at them i fell in love straight away and also my daughter bonded straight away, whilst I was asking the questions i looked over and my husband and daughter were smitten, both times i was told the moms and dads had had an accident but as both parents were registered it may be possible to kc the pups, but after emailing the people i have had Neeko off I am told that because there were restrictions on Neeko's mom and she had had an accident they do not want to approach the k.c, and this is the same story with Neo from a different seller, is this one of those things were by i bought them as non kc and thats it, or is there a chance they can be k.c'd just the seller dont want to bother, in which case i dont suppose i can be cheeky and push it with them, also i was told i would get all the moms and dads details emailed over to me, from the one set of sellers and i keep emailimg and still nothing, the other one i did have all the pedigree background with details of arktichill in the bloodline, shame as i would have like them to be able to have checks and maybe do some sports, but they are only open to kc reg sibes, long winded i know, but it is a long story cut short, thanks x

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can register the pups yourself the breeder has to do im afraid... sounds like they were spinning you a line to make a sale :confused:

you can try to get a copy of the parents papers of the breeders, if they wont give them to you and you didnt see them when you picked up the pups i'd assume they arent reg and the people were lying to you...

was there any particular reason you wanted them registered?? if not i'd forget about it, they're still the babies you love :)

BYB's - they won't register them so dont bother askin them to.

Only the breeders can register a litter. They had an "accident" (load of bollox if u ask me) hmmm but then go on to say the bitch has restrictions on her? Poor dog.

If u want to race u can do down south with BSHRA but they have to do a check on your sibe to make sure its a pure sibe

Guest snowdog

That s really the reson i wanted to see if i can kc them as i love them and they are my babys but really want to have a litter from them and keep maybe two, so neeko and neo have a fam, we have loads of room and enjoy nothingmore than walking with our pack, but wanted to get them into something to let them live a bit of their heritage, culture not sure what word im looking for , but the folks did show us papers of mom and da but didnt have copies so siad would email them later, mom and dad were stunning, but then kc, or not some sibes can be real stunners and not kc'd, i love them just the sam, just buy myself a scooter and try and entertain them that way, just want her to have pups also, she will have all the checks same as the dad, and home visits but without them being kc;d how would i ever keep an eye on her pups and make sure thety were safe and happy unless i keep all pups which i dont think hubby would go for, grrr what to do x

Guest snowdog

the checks i mean are hip and eye score an thyroid check, so i do not have unhealthy dogs breeding, much as it would hurt me if Neeko and Neo werent up to scratch i wouldnt let them have pups, what sports are out there that maybe they could have a go at, x

Guest snowdog

was just asking about k.c as the only people i have to ask are the people i bought them from, who were very lovely people, lovely homes and i had all the vet check history and wieghts and worming reports and the pups were chipped, and i had dvds of the birth, i just think maybe they werent sure themselves maybe and should have just said to us to check it out befor buying, and i would still have had the pups, but left knowing maybe i wouldnt be able to kc, rather than yes i probably can or could kc, never mind they are still beautiful and mine! xx

Guest snowdog

im going to look into sports for non kc, and stop all ths business messing with my head, cos at the end of the day whats done is done, i will email them again and ask for the details they promised me, or pop down, although it is south wales and im in wolverhampton hmmmm, will still have all the checks done fdor my peace of mind, does your own vet do all checks, id heard only thyroid and you have to visit specific vet for hips and eyes? sorry to bombard just want to get everyhing right x

Guest snowdog

oh ok thanks, im gunna ring vetsand ask what age and what not before they can be tested, cos i would think they need to be matured enough, as bones are still forming as they grow, anyway thankyou for all your help everyone x

Guest snowdog

just read my last post, god knows how you read it all my letters were jummbled up,ive edited it now, lol many thanks 1-2 yrs would make sence, Neeko is 7 months now so got loads of time yet, x

100_2296_3_.JPG

100_2203_.JPG

Guest snowdog

Hi Neeko was bought from a lady in grimsby, Her dog alaska is Neekos mum, alaska had rextrictions on her so as not to breed from her, Neekos grandparent is arctikchill, so therefore Neeko has artikchill blood, but i didnt buy her from arktikchill, I think what i iwll do, is look into different activities for non kc sibes and forget all the nonsence of trying to look into getting them kc'd as if its up to the epople who sold me the pups ive got no chance really, its just a shame cos if her parents or grandparents are kc, i see no reason why the restrictions couldnt be lifted if all sibes are up to the standard which kc wish them to be, anyway, thankyou all very much fro all your help and advice. xx

just noticed cannock chase on your location Stewart , we go to cannock chase and walk dogs round by the big lakes at the back of the visitors centre, do you know if people can use scooters around there? x

Guest snowdog

Hi, stewart dont suppose you know wether scooters are aloud in cannock chase do you and if so which part, or anybody if you know, and also i have heard you can do training for a scooter with you and your dogs, does anyone know where? Thanks guys

Guest snowdog

Thanks sarah, need to lose weight before i start anyway, neeko 7mnths so ill start gently training her, and put myself on diet aaaaaaah, i know sibey babes are strong but even their eyes will pop out at the thought of me on a scooter, and them having to pull me lol x

100_2276_.JPG

Oh my, this is a stinky situation. Its true that the breeders need to register the pups. It certainly sounds like they were just telling you whatever they thought you would want to hear to buy the pup. Its sad, but with all the bybers who are out there now its happening to alot of people. Feel free to still teach them the sports though...its still fun even if its not a registry competition...

its just a shame cos if her parents or grandparents are kc, i see no reason why the restrictions couldnt be lifted if all sibes are up to the standard which kc wish them to be,

If they are restricted there are many reasons for this.

The breeder may have had trouble with their (the parents) litter and didn't want any of the pups bred from. She could have other problems with the line that means she thinks it's best for the dogs not to be bred from. It's not just about whether or not they meet the standard which is very hard to tell unless you know your stuff, and can look at the dogs with a critical eye - and see them in harness as well as in the show ring.

IMO we have enough dogs PTS every day - the vast majority unpapered - we don't need to contribute anymore backyard bred dogs. If your dog's don't have a pedigree, their lines are not traceable and their pups lines won't be traceable. You wouldn't bring anything to the breed by breeding unpapered dogs because you can't contribute to the gene pool.

There's so much more to breeding and understanding the breed standard than simply having what you consider are two nice dogs, there are so many things that could go wrong when you breed including having the bitch and all her puppies die.

Before breeding your dogs I would urge you to read this thread:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=138099

Guest snowdog

Yes i know all this, but just because my two dogs havnt got a peice of paper will not stop me having a litter from them, i will keep one maybe two, if they have all the checks done and they are infact healthy sibes, i would not breed unhealthy dogs and also, i am only intending them to have one ltter and then have neo done, as i do not wish to stud him as a lot of male sibe owners do kc or not,anyway this was only part of the issue the most important is about being able to join in sports activities, but i will listen to all the advice that others have kindly offered as regards to scootering and such like, thankyou for your opinion though x