can I kc

Guest snowdog

Guest snowdog

oh also i should mention that i spoke with my vet as regards to Neeko having pups and he gave me a list of potential dangers and he was very helpful and said not to worry as they are only a phone call away and as long as she came for regular checks and that our boy neo was fully checked and had no issues that everything should go to plan fine, i also want to make clear that me letting Neeko have pups is not financial, i would never ever put my sibes at any risk, especially for greed, i am not a breeder and do not want to become one, i understand all the pitfalls i have been reading and reading site after site including the kc site, but if we all only gave a kc a home what would happen to all the other beautifull loving, sibes out there, anyway thanks again everyone for all your help, as i understand it then even though both Neeko and Neo parents are kc i can not get them kc'd unless the breeders do, oh also they did have full health checks and are fine, just the breeders didnt want the bitches bred from so as to keep an eye on the line, makes sence, thanks xx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about having a piece of paper, it's about having the ability to research your dogs lines, know them well so you understand what genetic nasties could pop up or if certain lines will or wont be compatible. What if your dogs are closely related? What if the lines carry nasty recessive genes and that's why the parents were restricted? Unless you talk to the breeder of your pups parents you don't know why they were restricted. Any good breeder knows the importance of researching and understanding their lines and only breeding when you have something good to contribute to the breed. That's why a pedigree is important. Without it you are breeding blind.

Guest snowdog

i have pedigree papers with the dam and sire but not kc papers, i can check their lines i have them all on a pedigree sheet, i have the dam and sire, i have the grandparents and great grandparents, what other info do you suggest i would need before i allow a litter, not sure which info i am missing?

Guest snowdog

The papers i dont have but are waiting for them to be emailed are details of neo's parents k.c i have all that for neeko, so will be able to trace the lines, so if health checks are done and blood lines are checked, and vet is on hand and money in bank for any disasters like my girl needing a c section,at last minute, and neo has been checked by our vet for urinary diseases and other infections that could be passed on, anyhooo this has gone a bit off what the thread was about, but i do value you and everyones opinion, and this is why i joined this forum, for helpful advice and valued opinions because it does help to see both sides of the coin, so thankyou v. much xx

Guest snowdog

This has gone slightly of the question, please if everyone wouldnt mind reading the whole thread, i am simply asking if it is possible to kc my pups, given th background , which is both sets of parents are kc,and the question has been answered, which is no not unless the breeder wants to lift the restriction and its not put in place for health reasons, me wanting to let my sibe have a litter is one part of this, not the object of the thread, anyway now i am interested to see what the general opinion is as regards to wether or not all things covered would people guide there sibes through a pregnancy and birth?and have now put a poll in place, try and get a majority opinion, and as i say in the poll thread this is not a decider to wether i let my sibe have a litter, i would not ever decide anything so majorly imortant with a poll, i just would like to see what the majority think, Thanks everyone xx

The papers i dont have but are waiting for them to be emailed are details of neo's parents k.c i have all that for neeko, so will be able to trace the lines, so if health checks are done and blood lines are checked, and vet is on hand and money in bank for any disasters like my girl needing a c section,at last minute, and neo has been checked by our vet for urinary diseases and other infections that could be passed on,

Ok, how are you going to 'check' the lines? A good breeder knows the dogs on both sides of the lines they are breeding, they know the breeders and have met their dogs and know if the lines are carrying any nasty recessives. Anyone who wants to consider breeding should be active in their breed - there is so much more to breeding than simply knowing your own dogs, you should know the breed inside and out and know what other lines are out there so you know if you are breeding dogs that come from good healthy stock. How are you going to test your dogs working ability, and know if they are a good example of the breed standard? Who are you going to get to look over your dogs with a critical eye? A novice owner and potential breeder should always find a breed mentor to learn from so they have good knowledge of the breed and how to breed them well.

Having copies of your dog's parents papers is not enough, because it means you are breeding unregistered dogs and therefore aren't contributing anything to the breed. If we all bred from dogs without a pedigree our breed would die out entirely - the pedigree is how we know what we are dealing with, and without it, we cannot add anything to the breed.

Guest snowdog

This has gone slightly of the question, please if everyone wouldnt mind reading the whole thread, i am simply asking if it is possible to kc my pups, given th background , which is both sets of parents are kc,and the question has been answered, which is no not unless the breeder wants to lift the restriction and its not put in place for health reasons, me wanting to let my sibe have a litter is one part of this, not the object of the thread, anyway now i am interested to see what the general opinion is as regards to wether or not all things covered would people guide there sibes through a pregnancy and birth?and have now put a poll in place, try and get a majority opinion, and as i say in the poll thread this is not a decider to wether i let my sibe have a litter, i would not ever decide anything so majorly imortant with a poll, i just would like to see what the majority think, Thanks everyone xx