Minecraft

Sarah

Am I OK to connect to it?

I had a go at some public minecraft servers last night but I couldn't work out what the heck was going on... Lots of rules and stuff about factions!??

EDIT* Just read that I'm free to join... I'll load it up and take a look.

Your a little bit of a minecraft addict aint ya LMAO

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a little bit of a minecraft addict aint ya LMAO

I've already had a stern warning from my lass! Haha. I'm a big games fan in general, but minecraft is super addictive to me. I used to love playing with lego for hours on end as a child so it's probably an extension of that....

I have some holiday time at the minute, but I'm going to have to ban myself once I'm back studying. I'll never get anything done otherwise! It's like Civ 4 all over again!

• 2 weeks later...

@BlueWolf

Any chance of being added to op for the server? I'm getting a bit bored and wanting to try out a mod (too many items)... Not sure if you wanted mods used on the server though. Thanks.

I'd rather not, it wouldn't be fun for all the others. Though I'm actually considering setting up a creative world at some point. I decided I enjoy building stuff for fun and with redstone more than the mining of it. Though since I'm running the vanilla server I can't have two worlds at the same time and Bukkit hasn't been updated yet. So it would be either survival or creative, not both at the same time. Would anyone mind if we made an entire new world but this time in creative? I'll backup our current world just in case we want to go back to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to but a notice out. I know I'm not online as often which is due to being busy with school and other things. My friend is still there though. Just got a message from him somebody apparently built a swastika...

We set this server up just for the fun. I know and trust the members from here and originally didn't put much restrictions on it. However, after griefing, someone placing tnt everywhere and now this swastika we've started to restrict and protect certain areas. Main station is protected, tnt is disabled, etc. This is getting more annoying than it is fun to run. So far we've been nice with just giving warnings out, but if we see this one more time we'll start banning people from our server. This is supposed to be fun and be creative together, not some game with how to annoy people the quickest.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

oh god, I can feel the addiction rising again. so many worlds, all destroyed by updates that make things break...*sigh*

out of curiosity is the server running vanilla minecraft?

The server has been offline for a long time since it there wasn't anyone on it any more and maintaining it (updates and stuff) became just an annoyance. Especially since, at that time, Bukkit wasn't available for that specific version.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked in on this thread. Didn't go on the server for a while as I've been busy. 

Such a shame that some people just trash things for other people. This is why I don't think I'll bother playing on a server again - I spent ages building some cool thing sand now it's gone. 

(I was Random BTW)