Minecraft

Sarah

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im trying to think what it is?

Think of Lego. Now think of Lego with infinite blocks and a randomly generated landscapes. Now think of that this landscape gets filled my monster at night and you have to build something to protect yourself from them :P

That's one way to play, there are thousands other ways to play. You can build, you can fight the monsters, you can explore, you can go spelunking (discovering the caves underground), you can farm and keep livestock, you can visit hell, you can tame wolves to protect you and in general you can get creative :) Don't let the graphics fool you, it's a great game with lots of content and functionalities. And on top of that, you can bundle forces and play together in the same world on a server!

Ok. The server is up at h.bluewolf.nl* :) It's currently running on my computer as I couldn't get it working on my server yet. But I'll keep it running until at least to the end of the day.

* Not active any more. See post below

Edited by BlueWolf

Think of Lego. Now think of Lego with infinite blocks and a randomly generated landscapes. Now think of that this landscape gets filled my monster at night and you have to build something to protect yourself from them :P

That's one way to play, there are thousands other ways to play. You can build, you can fight the monsters, you can explore, you can go spelunking (discovering the caves underground), you can farm and keep livestock, you can visit hell, you can tame wolves to protect you and in general you can get creative :) Don't let the graphics fool you, it's a great game with lots of content and functionalities. And on top of that, you can bundle forces and play together in the same world on a server!

Sounds quite good!

Ok. The server is up at h.bluewolf.nl :) It's currently running on my computer as I couldn't get it working on my server yet. But I'll keep it running until at least to the end of the day.

does that mean it will change later if i join now?

Now that just created some dodgy images in my head.....Lego followed by some adventure type game? lol.....

I love Minecraft but we have it on xbox not pc. Still we love it! My OH and I have two main maps we are building on and have some pretty cool structures. We need to make some videos and post them :D The graphics kinda bugged me at first but I grew up with 8 bit games so its kinda a nice throw back. Now that I'm use to them Minecraft has its own beauty.

Okay, thanks to a friend of mine the server got a permanent location at home.k-4u.nl :) Me, Marc and Sarah built a small house so far, grew some trees and food, created a small farm, went on a journey and lost Marc along the way :P When you first join there should be a trail of torches that point to the mountains where you can find our house.

When you join, feel free to post it here because playing alone is just boring :)

post-2355-13586079285198_thumb.png

post-2355-13586079283297_thumb.png

post-2355-13586079284259_thumb.png

Hi.

I've been playing Minecraft for ages now. Just messing around and building random things - I like to use it as a de-stress place. I've no idea how the multiplayer/server side of it works though... Is it basically just a bunch of people playing on the same map?

Hi.

I've been playing Minecraft for ages now. Just messing around and building random things - I like to use it as a de-stress place. I've no idea how the multiplayer/server side of it works though... Is it basically just a bunch of people playing on the same map?

yep

Ok, we've had a fun time again. Explored some caves, found a mineshaft, Sarah found diamonds and god knows what Marc did, lol.

Also: who says Minecraft can't look beautiful?

post-2355-13586079416616_thumb.png

Also found some stray wolves in the woods. Gave them something to eat and now they're my friends :)

post-2355-13586079417328_thumb.png

I cant get onto it :(

Are you sure you tried connecting to home.k-4u.nl and not the address I posted earlier?

Am I OK to connect to it?

I had a go at some public minecraft servers last night but I couldn't work out what the heck was going on... Lots of rules and stuff about factions!??

EDIT* Just read that I'm free to join... I'll load it up and take a look.

Edited by pacific4130

Am i doing something wrong how do i connect to it? im lost lol

Here's a step-by-step guide how to get on the server :)

First, in the menu click on the multiplayer button

post-2355-13586079914048_thumb.png

If you haven't added any servers yet, you should see an empty list. Click 'Add server'

post-2355-13586079914931_thumb.png

Fill in the name (it doesn't matter how you name it, it's just for you) and type in home.k-4u.nl for the server address.

post-2355-13586079915648_thumb.png

After clicking done the Husky-Owners server should be added in the list. Just double click on it to connect :)

post-2355-13586079916283_thumb.png

ETA: You should start in a forest. Follow the torches to the high mountains to find our main house.