Floppy Ears

Kenai has floppy ears, as you can see in his pics I posted. We were told he's 8 wks when we got him, he would now be 9 wks and purebred sibe. Most pictures I see huskies ears are up. Do you think he could just be a late bloomer? Could there be something wrong with him? Just curious to know. Thanks.

Kenai has floppy ears, as you can see in his pics I posted. We were told he's 8 wks when we got him, he would now be 9 wks and purebred sibe. Most pictures I see huskies ears are up. Do you think he could just be a late bloomer? Could there be something wrong with him? Just curious to know. Thanks.

Does he have pedigree papers?

Generally by that age, ears are up.

He has no papers...But the people we bought him from said that the person they bought him from said that he could be AKC registered, but he didn't have time to do it. I contacted the people we got him from to see if they still have the contact information from the person they got him from.

i wouldnt count on him being full pedigree, by 8 weeks they should only just be leaving the mother, if you got him from someone who wasnt the breeder at 8 weeks i would think something not quite right was going on there

Yeah...guys Hawaiians are well known for ganking the pups from momma at about 5 to 7 weeks...too early...and dropping them in the hands of the highest bidder...Its really sad...but it happens all the time here. There are people begining to speak out about it though so maybe some progress will be made soon.

• 5 weeks later...

I have bred huskies for years (all registered) and sometimes we have a "late bloomer" where the ears will take a little longer to stand up. We have a girl now who is 9 weeks old and her ears were up and are now flopping. It is perfectly normal and does not mean your baby is not pure. It can take any where from 8 to 16 weeks for them to stand. Sometime they can stand up then a day later be floppy again. Very rarely will they not stand up. If that happens it due to poor breeding and is a fault againt the breed and should not be bred and cannot be shown however this will not make her any less loved by you or any less of a husky. I'm sure in your case they will stand up on thier own. There is nothing you can do to speed it along. Either way she is very beautiful! Good luck and God bless.

post-968-13585944783196_thumb.jpg

I have bred huskies for years (all registered) and sometimes we have a "late bloomer" where the ears will take a little longer to stand up. We have a girl now who is 9 weeks old and her ears were up and are now flopping. It is perfectly normal and does not mean your baby is not pure. It can take any where from 8 to 16 weeks for them to stand. Sometime they can stand up then a day later be floppy again. Very rarely will they not stand up. If that happens it due to poor breeding and is a fault againt the breed and should not be bred and cannot be shown however this will not make her any less loved by you or any less of a husky. I'm sure in your case they will stand up on thier own. There is nothing you can do to speed it along. Either way she is very beautiful! Good luck and God bless.

Your first post! Welcome to the Pack. Your post was so positive and supportive. That's what this site is really all about: positive support for all the members. We'd like to see some pics if you have them. There seems to be a prepensity for pics around here for some reason. Looking forward to your insight and future posts.