Advice Please.......

Our 4 year old husky girl Nova has been a bit off the last couple of days, Shes normally on the sofa as much as poss and sticks by our sides around the house, but at 1am this mornin she decided she wanted to go and sleep in her self dug hole in the garden, she normally just lies in it when its hot but has barely been leaving her hole for the last 2 days even when its rainin but to wake us up cuz she wants to go lie in it is something shes never done before. shes been iffy with her food and just isnt herself........does any1 have any ideas as to what cud be up with her? post-8386-13586066297821_thumb.jpg

It might be that as it would be around the normal time she would have a season that she's feeling like this her hormones will still be all over the place , after skyla was fixed she still acted like she did when she was having a season around the same time she would have actually had a season had she not been fixed ,, [MENTION=1262]Rosemary[/MENTION] s girl acts the same way too she did a thread about it awhile ago

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Sometimes they just "go off their food" for a few days.

It's not uncommon.

However more than a couple of days would have me looking for other things.

Have you checked all your plants in the garden. They are notorious for having a "nom" on leaves and flowers.

You might have something in there that's not dog friendly.

Has she been to the local dog park might have picked up something there.

She'll probably perk up soon.

awww thankyou all we did have a thought it mite b that but nice to know shes not the only 1 xx

heres rosemary's thread i was on about --> http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/40736-Hormonal-changes

only 1 reply , by me lol , but atleast you know your not alone if this is why shes acting off

It is difficult to know what causes them to change so suddenly and so out of character. Micah still goes through phases - every six months or so and she was spayed over two years ago. I have no idea, as she is healthy, and eats and drinks without any problems. I have put it down to her being a girl ( :rolleyes: ), but we do watch her when she moves into this 'stage' as she gets quite aggressive with Ozzy and won't let him near us or her.

I would watch Nova, especially to see that she is drinking enough water, and if you feel uncomfortable and feel there is more going on, I would take her to the vet for a checkup.

Mark this date on the calendar and see how long it lasts, and if she goes through this phase again, please let us know :) it would be interesting to know, as I can't find much about other dogs going through the same.