The signal

Blue

im having this problem with kira, she'll walk into the back room and if no one goes with her (and sometimes we're not able to see her) she just goes on the floor, i'v tried teaching her to scratch/tap on the door but she wont

My boys jump up at the back door as well - they've now sussed how to open it so just let themselves out the back lol - just need to teach them how to close it now :rofl: especially with winter coming up!!

Someone on here - can't for the life of me who it was - has taught their husky to press a bell on the floor when they want out - not sure how hard that is to train though but then again anything is possible :)

Smithy will do the trotting backwards and forwards towards the back door, then eventually 9 times out of 10 open it himself. Noushka will plod up to the back door barking and lick the door and give a wooo wooo. If we don't listen to this then she will plod back in the room, stare in your face and WOOF!!! Time to go out...

Kaiya will wait at the door and if we don't notice she will walk over to us then walk to the door looking back to make sure we follow. It takes a lot of patience, but you will get there. The one tip I can give, always take him out the same door and a lot of praise when he does his business (yes your neighbors will be in their windows laughing at you for getting so excited).

you do have to be vigilant when they are so little,cos if you are not watching them you will miss any signals they do give such as sniffing,turning round and round,or pacing back and forth.when our springer was tiny i taught him to bark at the doors to open them,choosing a time when he was not desperate to go out gave me time to stand there saying "say woof sam"over and over again rewarding even the most feeble whine with the door being opened and a big fuss.gradually developing the bark,we have never had a problem with him in the house.Since getting Max who is now just 9 weeks he is already being taught to do the same.Yes i do feel a bit of a plonker standing ,bobbing up and down barking so he will copy me:o but a bark i can hear from other rooms in the house,i cant always see him signalling me silently:grinning-smiley-003

Noushka will plod up to the back door barking and lick the door and give a wooo wooo. If we don't listen to this then she will plod back in the room, stare in your face and WOOF!!! Time to go out...

Bo goes to the door and gives us a "woooo". Should we not open the door for him quickly enough, he walks right up to us and gives us a sharp "woof" indicating his displeasure at our lack of promptness.

Must be an old age thing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haley goes and sits by the door, or she'll pace if she really has to go. Kahtadin is working on potty training. He goes to the door sometimes, but if he doesn't go to the door, he paces and acts different. He'll sniff around in corners, or go off by himself in another room. SOmetimes he sits down and stares at us with this odd look lol and Jay says "Do you have to go out" and he gets excited and goes to the door.