Cleaning themselves

Lana

Ok once again in the dark about this one. I notice that my baby and her brother both do what i call clean themselves. Yes just like a cat, except behind the head and ears, Lana licks her coat as is she is cleaning herself. Now we do bathe her (in another post about Bathing Siberian Husky) but she still licks herself everywhere she can get just about. Now if your thinking about fleas i would have to say a strong but proud no! She doesnt bit like a dog would with fleas she licks, and licks. I personally have not seen this in a dog unless its an open wound.

Most of all i know cats get hairballs but never heard of a dog getting hair balls? Then again that is not something we walk up and ask our members. Does your dog Clean themselves?

I hardly ever see my dogs wash themselves, dirty devils.

maybe you just dont see it. do they smell very doggy?

the husky we walk during the day "logan" doesnt smell like dog at all.

micha sadly is a stinker, but thats because she swims every day.

looking forward to winter, when hopefully she wont swim, and will loose her odour

maybe you just dont see it. do they smell very doggy?

the husky we walk during the day "logan" doesnt smell like dog at all.

micha sadly is a stinker, but thats because she swims every day.

looking forward to winter, when hopefully she wont swim, and will loose her odour

No, they don't smell doggy at all. Maybe they wash @ night lol

just got back in from walking them round a new lake they havent been to before, logan found the smelliest patch ever!!!

he smells like a rotten kipper, so does the car!!!! the blanket we have down isnt water proof.

he leaned up against me and lisa so we both smell as well.

lets see how well he clears that up

i think he need hosing off at least, eugh.