kiras on her 1st season...

Sid_Wolf

kira started her 1st season about a week ago, and i know sibes are ment to be really clean, and my friend says her golden retriever even cleans the blood off the floor when shes on heat, but kira's so messy, she'll clean her bits but not the drips on her tail or feet, is anyone elses female like this or could it just be that shes lasy or that its her 1st season?

Our GSD cleans herself really well - in fact too well - Most of the time we are not sure if shes in season!

Isis on the other hand was the total opposite - cleaned herself as little as possible and left a messe everywhere. Shes just finished her season, and as soon as Monday comes the vets are getting to call to see how long I have to wait before she can be sterilised!

Alaska was really clean..alwasy is, cleaned up the dots on her and we left a blanky under her wherever she was and she would also lick that to death, we bought her Miki nappies for some of the time too but never have any problems with her. I know what you mean though..as gross as it is we have to wipe Balto's bum (our boy) when hes does a poo as he'll just leave it to build up >> Alaska on the other hand has always been super clean. And dont forget its her 1st cycle, if she is going on to have more she will learn with experience:)

As everyone says, each bitch is different, but as this is her first season, it may be a little confusing for her, I'm sure if you don't get her done, she'll get the hang of it! We've been lucky with Myshka, she's always kept herself clean, but she's only had what I would call 1 heavy season, her first, dripped everywhere, but since, she's been great! She does get whingy, though, & wants to be petted (or reassured) all the time she is in season.

• 2 weeks later...

season's last for 3 weeks give or a take a couple of days

Skye has just finished her first one, she wasn't particually moody or anything, but she did start chewing the skirtingboard's again but I think that was more to do with opportunity as she is not being crated at the moment because Sasha need's the run of the kitchen at night, still being so little and they are in there together (couldn't stand the crying when they are seperated lol)

As For being cuddly, no Skye is not cuddly at all, but Sasha...should of called her Shadow!

Nukka's still a little way off her first season yet but as for the cuddles she chooses her moments carefully, like for instance when you've just made a fresh brew she'll choose the moment you pick up the cup to launch herself into your lap and lick your face making you spill hot tea everywhere and then look really hurt that you shout at her and have to leave her to go change your clothes and get a cloth to mop up! LOL! But sometimes she will just hop up on the sofa next to me and just lean her head on my knee which is cute think shes one of those that has to be in the mood, but then I do tend to just scoop her up and give her a snuggle sometimes whether shes in the mood or not! LOL :D

yeah....though Lana is not on her first Season she is on hers. The neighbors boxer (Lana buddy who she plays with daily) freaking howling. I thought it was odd as i didn't know it was a practice that boxers howl like that. That was new to me as i never seen one until now.

shuras quite rejective towards cuddles unless you walk of that is lol then she does this little noise and gets all exited and cuddles you. Shura was such a mood cow on her season she kept chewing my hand threw the bars in the back when she tried to get through. We were so worried when she sat and then we saw didnt know what was happening lol x