My Crazy Morning

So I pull up to work this morning and a girl i work with is on her knees looking under a car. I out of curiosity go over and ask her what she's doing. She tells me there is a kitten with a broken leg under the car and she was trying to get it out. We decide on trying to get it out together. She started clapping her hands and i grabbed the kitten when it scooted back.

Our boss (animal lover) told us to go ahead and get it the help it needed. We headed off to the animal shelter because we had no other choice. I'm deathly allergic (i have asthma attacks from cats) and i was already sneezing so the poor little guy had to go somewhere. We got to the shelter around 8:45 this morning and they didn't open till 10am. We decided to wait because one of the employees told us she was almost positive they would take him.

Around 9:50am they let us in. They checked him out, he has a large absess on his little broken leg. He also has upper respiratory problems, which we all know is NOT good. The girl there (the one we saw earlier) immediately said they were taking him. She told us their vet was off for the next two days so she was going to have to take him straight to the vet because he needed help now.

They asked us to name him and we went with "Cruiser" because we found him under a PT Cruiser. I'm not a cat person by any means but this little guy about broke my heart. I hope he manages to make it through. :(

Awww poor guy, hope all goes well for him. We found one of our cats in the middle of the road when he was just a tiny little kitten. I suspect someone tossed him from the car as he had a large lump of infection on his shoulder and a broken rib. We got him the help he needed and he is now a happy healthy adult. He also use to be afraid to be put down, would clutch at us as if we were going to toss him, this is another reason I suspect he was tossed from the car. He doesn't do that any more as he's learned we aren't going to do such a thing.