Possible Eyelid Tumor!?

Elyse

So while looking at Suka's eyes today, I noticed a rather noticeable lump on his left eyelid. A few days before, there was some mucus-like discharge but that went away within a few days.

A quick google search brought up eyelid tumors. That scares the crap out of me!!! :(

Here are some pictures I took...

8366657.jpg

8366664.jpg

I'm REALLY scared! We don't have the money for surgery for him either! I don't want to lose my baby! :(

Before you get yourself too worked up, it looks quite similar to something Ryn had at about three months old. Turns out it was only a cyst. The vet gave her a sedative and drained it (making sure he had the sack part out so it didn't refill again). She doesn't even have a scar from it.

Not to say it shouldn't be checked, but just that sometimes the worst thing we can do is 'google' anything! Breathe deep and let the vet take a look.

Oh no! I will read up on it, but maybe [MENTION=6713]SA DA KA[/MENTION] has an idea or has seen this before. I have not seen this before, nor am privy to it on information, I wish i could be of more help, I'll go see if i can find out anything, but in all likeliness, there are alot of things that are similar in symptoms and for the untrained, its hard ot spot the difference. Could you ask the vet what they think it could be?

Thats what I was talking about-looking things up on google can really terrify you because of the play on words used when typing to suggest one thing, or there are also a myriad of same-symptom ailments which are alike and takes a professional to differentiate between

Wishing Suka a speedy recovery. Sometimes these things can happen from something as simple as an ingrowing eyelash. Just keep an eye out to make sure that he doesn't rub it. I am a great believer in giving probiotic yoghurt or Actimel (probiotic drink) to help with the gut flora whenever mine are under the weather or if they are having antibiotics. As long as Suka is not lactose intolerant.

• 3 weeks later...