For All the Huskies That Crossed

Mazz

There comes a time, for every Husky Owner, when the words "good bye" come too soon. The days and weeks before, you hope, you pray, and you wish that the spirit that is so struggling, would not have to suffer so, and yet the question continues to plague you, "How will I know when it's time?"

You ask others - your vet, maybe your family or friends, other pet owners. But nobody really knows the answer, until the time comes, and then you and your beloved Husky will be the only two.

It's never easy to let go. The time was too short. The memories remain, long after the passing, but the pain in your heart seems to go on. And as each day passes, moments of guilt are intermingled with moments of great loss. Somehow, the pain begins to subside, but the memories remain for you to embrace.

You vow to never have another Husky, simply because the pain, the grief, and the sense of loss are overwhelming. It hurts, and it hurts bad. But as each day passes, the pain lessens ever so little - little, by little, by little.

And then one day, your eyes fall upon the Husky puppy, or perhaps upon the sad, sad eyes of the Husky rescue, and then you know it's time again. Time to fulfill your life once again, by opening your home and opening your heart to that special Husky that has come into your life.

Your first Husky, though passed, is not forgotten. Your memories are rekindled by the antics of your new Pack Member. You in fact, bring honor and remembrance to that very first and very special Husky, by sharing your life with another.

Four years ago next month, we said good bye to Elke. She was a wonderful, wonderful member of our family. She will never be replaced, will always be missed, and while her life was long in Husky years, it was too short. We continue to cherish her memory, as we share our home with Zoya and Eisa. And in doing so, we honor all the Huskies that have crossed over on the Rainbow Bridge.

Run free Elke, run free....

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I often look at Ozzy & Micah and feel a very real pain knowing that the time will eventually come when I too have to say goodbye. How do you even begin to prepare for something like that?

How will I cope with the fact that Micah will no longer come tearing through the house looking for me, or the fact that I will never again feel the smooth silken touch of Ozzy's tounge on my cheek giving me that unexpected kiss.

I have read the Rainbow posts, the pain of the loss is so strong and so raw, I honestly don't know ............... I pray that I will know when it is time to say goodbye.

So, in the relatively short time we have together, I will shower them with love and the best care I can give them, and thank God for each day I have with my beloved huskies.

Run free Elke, you are missed and remembered with love.

Oh Dave. You've really hit the mark with that post. (So much for the mascara today.)

There's no joy like the joy they share with us.............and there is no loss felt more significantly than when they leave us.

To you, my friend, I wish more special memories of your lovely Elke. May Eisa and Zoya remind you of those special times with her today - and tomorrow.

Isn't it funny how the 'new' ones help us heal and honor?