Husky-Owners Notify 2.0 (Google Chrome extension)

Finally got around to update my Google Chrome extension for Husky-Owners to the new forum! :clap: Wasn't easy and it's now using a totally different mechanism that provides way more interesting possibilities for me. For those who already installed this extension, it should automatically update to version 2.0. If you're impatient you can just use the download link below again.

What is it?

Husky-Owners notify is a little icon that runs in your Chrome or Chromium browser and is simply there to tell you about the notifications you have on the forum even when you're not on the forum. At the moment it works exactly as the notification-tab on the top of the page. It tells you the total amount of notifications and when you click on it you can see which types of notifications there are for you. At the moment it will notify you about unread subscribed threads, new likes, new mentions, unread PMs, new visitor messages on your profile and quoted posts.

post-2355-13586042724075_thumb.png

Things you need to know:

• Unlike the previous version, this one requires you to log in separately on the extension first. When you start it for the first time, just click on the icon showing an exclamation mark and follow the instructions. It's easy :)
  • Unless you've checked the invisible mode on your profile you'll be shown on the forum as being online, as if you're viewing the main page. It basically means you'll be online on the forum the moment you open your browser. It's probably not a big deal with anyone here, but it's still something that needs to be said.

This isn't the final version. At the moment it's just the bare basic, but I'm planning on adding more stuff to it over time. So what are you waiting for? Just give it a try! :up:

[DOWNLOAD]

Edited by BlueWolf

When the counter doesn't update, does the popup still work properly? (As in: It shows the items and you can click on them)

Not sure about that, as it's been working fine ever since I re-enabled it.

It's working again now (I didn't do anything to change it), but I didn't think to check if I could still click on it or anything. Will make sure I do if it stops again.

ETA: Ok it's not working again. The button is there as normal and I can click it but it comes up with "There are no notifications to show", despite me coming back to HO and having several, or being on HO and new ones appearing on my notifications thing at the top of the page.

Edited by Hy'Shqa

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna write a fix for the url problems that appeared since yesterday. It broke more than I thought. Also going to see if I can fix the silent crashes that caused most of issues.

Could add rewrite rule instead if its easier m8

Could add rewrite rule instead if its easier m8

There are actually no hardcoded links in the popup, but for some reason the link to the quotes and likes aren't working, which means it's actually the vbulletin API that is sending out the incorrect links :S However, it can easily be overwriten in my extension anyway.

Version 2.1 has been released. It should automatically update in your browser (and probably already is actually), but you can use the link in the first post to force an update if you're impatient :)

Changes in this version:

• Fixed the username link not pointing to the right location
  • Fixed the likes/mentions/tags links to the right location
  • Better error checking in case the connection with the server goes away unexpectedly (which should fix the majority of the stuck icon/counter problems)
  • Now opens the login page automatically once you've installed it for the first time

Note that all thanks notifications gets combined with the likes notifications. That's how the forum works and I can't change that. It's the same as how the notification area on the forum itself handles it.

• 1 month later...