Rainy day activities

Sarah

It's drissled quite a bit today and although i managed to get out in a dry spell to the local park, Kimba has been figity - wonder if he knows his brother's coming soon lol

Anyway, have been trying to think up good games for him to keep him (and myself) occupied and have come up with the following:

1. get a torch and shine it on the floor - kimba loves chasing this round

2. hide treats under things (nothing breakable !!) and get them to find them

3. hide and seek i've hidden his teddy with a treat and he has to find it

Anyone else got any good rainy day games??

They sound good, Gizmo loves the torch game!

My 3 all love Grapes so I usually give them one each and before they eat them they all push each of them around the floor with their noses and try and pounce on them with their paws, very entertaining to watch and it stops them getting bored! I did try it with other fruits, like oranges and apples but it never seems to work the same.

My 3 love to play peek-a-boo behind the sofa as well. They all sit on one side of the sofa and I will hide behind the other side of the sofa and then jump up really quick and go 'BOO!' and they will go crazy around the house then come back and sit down waiting for me to do it again. Sometimes Gizmo like to cheat and he lie down and sneak around to my side of the sofa where Im hiding!

Gizmo and Bandit like it when you get down on all fours and play fight with them (Marley doesn't like it much) they don't bite hard I usually make sure I have a ball or toy to distract them away if they do get too rough but they don't seem to.

Another thing I have found, which seems to be Marley's fave game, is too gently blow on their nose. Marley goes really crazy!

I also gave the recycling bag toy trick a go and they all really loved that too, now we use bin liners but they love it just the same.

There's noseball as well. I haven't tried it with my 3 boys (as they have a habit of puncturing balls) but my old dog used to love it! It's basically football but your dog uses their nose instead, just start kicking the ball around and kick it gently over to your dog every now and then until they will start to figure out that they can play too and after a while they will be running around knocking the ball around with their nose and you will be lucky to get it back!

I bet you can't wait. I was just as excited when I was getting arley and Bandit as what I was getting Gizmo! The excitemnet just never fades away! Jamie has now said that in a few years time I can get my little girly Husky, as we are hoping to be in a bigger house of our own in the next couple years, and Im already over the moon! Got a few names for her already: Crystal, Moonshine or Sapphire

• 3 weeks later...

i heard that aswell cuz i used to feed my cross grapes but ive stopped now just incase he didnt have many but i didnt want 2 risk it anyway ive also heard they cant have rawhide milk tea caffine or any dairy products aswell im sure there is more but unfortunately i cnt remember but the games sound great will have to try that torch one as hes fasinated with everything so i think he wud love that

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been raining the past 2 days here and now I have a new indoor game - chase the blow dryer. I have been walking Sneakers, then having him nap in the crate while I shower and get dressed. Well, today there is no way we'll be walking. I can barely get him to go outside the rain is so bad. So, I brought him up with me while I showered. He was fascinated while I was drying my hair so I turned it to cool and hit him w/ a few blasts. He went nuts when I took it away, so I spent the next 20 minutes or so moving the dryer around while he chased the blasts of air.:crazydance: Now, he's worn out and I can get some work done for a bit.