Conversion Update

Marc

Hi Guys,

So I thought I would give you a bit of an update as to where I currently am on the upgrade tests.

We are definatly going to lose the items I mentioned in previous posts, however these are largely irrelevent as they would be replaced within hours just through activity on the forum. The only thing I am bothered about is the fact that the image attachments that are shown in the posts at present are a little screwed up. The attachenets are there just fine so we dont actually lose anything, however where they are attached in the post as full images is just showing as BB Code. I am going to go through this with Jos tomorrow however as far as I can see this is likley to be something we will have to live with. At the end of the day the content would be pretty much burried in less than a week in any case anyway so Im not overly bothered considering the benefits we will gain from the new forum.

As for time it is going to take to convert. I have just done this from scratch and it has currently taken 11.5 hours. And on top of that I havent quite finished yet. So looking at it I would say that its likely to be around 13-14 hours for the full upgrade. And then even once we go online I am likely to still be adding things and tidying up stuff.

All in all although we are going to have a few bits that are screwed up Im actually quite happy with the update. We should be ok and the main thing being all the posts and members will trasnfer successfully.

MEMBERS are something I need to mention. There are some chars that are not going to convert correctly in the usernames. However this is very very few users. Anyone who is affected I will message before the transfer. Please do not ask me. If its you, then you will know about it beforehand and your username will be able to be changed back once we have gone over. I may even do it myself in which case I will contact nobody.

I know I have said that sigs will be lost. However I may have found a way around this and may be able to get them transfered over. Avatars however I def will not.

Marc, you are worth twice your weight in gold.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

COPY AND SAVE ANY CONVERSIONS YOU WANNA KEEP TOO

I got conversions on the brain .. That was supposed to be conversations LMAO

So far guys......

My starting point

post-1354-0-56863700-1401993781_thumb.jp

Pretty much where I am up to so far

post-1354-0-77087500-1401994022_thumb.jp

post-1-13586037264308_thumb.jpg

post-1-13586037264934_thumb.jpg