Walky dog, use for bikejoring?

Ive just had a thought, seen this walkydog thing a few times now and have been looking for a bike antenna for when I start bike joring with the boy and its just occured to me, that maybe the walkydog could be used as one.

Anyone else thought of this or maybe even tried to have this at the front of the bike instead of under the saddle?

Here is the walky dog - http://www.innerwolf.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/Walky_Dog.html

I know it wouldn't do exaclty the same as the antenna does but just wondering if you could clip the lead end to the start of your ganglines using a karabina?

I wouldnt have one to attach at the back tania, was thinking of having it at the front.

When I start bikejoring Im only planning of having one at a time mainly as I think one pulling me on two wheels is going to be scary enough without the thought of having two or more! I plan on getting a rig at some point aswell so I can take them out all together aswell.

Im not that up on bike joring.....but my concern would be is the line going to attatch to that fitting too high up? If it's not the right height will put stress on the dogs joints and back etc....it looks like a fairly solid fitting, am i right or does it have give?

Hi Amy ,it wouldnt be any good as the walkydog is solid with a bit rope at the end and to be honest the anntena is only used to keep the ropes away from the wheel you dont attach your lines to that either they will be attached to the headstock of the bike ,instead of the anntena some people attach a bit of plastic pipe to their lines just enough so that the lines dont get caught in the wheel I will try and find a pic somewhere :D

The anntena holding the line away from the wheel

KIRABIKE015.jpg

Lines attached to headstock

DSCF0144.jpg

I thought about this a while ago and the main problem I could see would be the size of the clamp i.e. will it attach to the front of my bike. There is give in it, as the attachment is sprung loaded but not sure how strong it would be. However if the leash part can be shortened and after a couple of minor adjustments you could attach it to the handlebars and use it to keep the gang line of the front wheels. Would need to get hold of one and have a play to be sure.

I used the walky dog and it isn't strong enough for bikejoring.

It is held together by a spring and a knot...if the knot comes loss of goes our dog.

We are actually looking for safer way to bikejore...if I come across anything I will let you know.

I know there is a company in the Uk that make rigs and have added a steel bikjore attachment to their products.

I cannot find site :confused:

Hi Amy ,it wouldnt be any good as the walkydog is solid with a bit rope at the end and to be honest the anntena is only used to keep the ropes away from the wheel you dont attach your lines to that either they will be attached to the headstock of the bike ,instead of the anntena some people attach a bit of plastic pipe to their lines just enough so that the lines dont get caught in the wheel I will try and find a pic somewhere :D

The anntena holding the line away from the wheel

KIRABIKE015.jpg

Lines attached to headstock

DSCF0144.jpg

Thanks anne, pipe is no problem to get hold off :) Will look at some of that. The only reason i was thinking about it was like you said I dont want the lines getting caught up in the wheel if they go slack (with the way my 3 go I hightly doubt that, lol, but you never know)