Hello

Hi everyone, this is my first post!!!:D We recently lost our 2 husky boys..Star to a gastric tumor just before xmas, we were totally devastated as it came out of the blue, and he was our eldest boy. If that wasn't bad enoough 12 weeks later Cody our 7 year old died suddenly after a normal day. He fed well, walked well and was the fitest strongest husky I knew. He was in his prime. He had been playing with my dad and went to lie down. 20 minutes later my dad heard him trying to get up.. went to see what he was doing. He was disorientated, cried out and fell to the floor and died within minutes. The vet said probably a blood clot, but we could't face him having a post mortem, and not knowing has been really hard. The past few months have been a nightmare, and the devastastion of the double loss unbearable. My parents are retired and the they adored their boys. They still haven't come to terms with the loss and I don't think they ever will. They said they would never have another husky as losing them is too hard. But 7 months down the line, they need to fill the void.. and our new husky will be joining us in 10 days time!!:D He is 25 weeks old, and lives near us.. hes a gorgeous grey and white boy.. the current owners adore him but are at work all day and don't think its fair on him.. He's really well trained already, we are amazed at what he can do. Exceptionally intelligent. Can't wait for him to join the family and my parents can smile again!! thanks for reading Julie

aww that is so sad, sorry to hear of your loss.....we have a rainbow bridge section if you wish to add them there to keep their memory alive :)

Welcome to the pack look forward to seeing you around and welcoming your new arrival :)

Hello Julie welcome to the pack

Sorry to hear about your last 2 sibes (feel free to add them to Rainbow Ridge) - Marc is looking at creating a memorial garden for our lost but not forgotten sibes Im sure Marc could add your 2 boys once it is finished if you wanted :)

Glad to hear you are going to bringing a puppy home soon :) You must be very excited, can't wait to see some photos :)

Feel free to as questions, share advise and tips and also join in with the fun and games :D Hope you enjoy the site and make loads of friends

Welcome to the pack, Julie,

What a terrible time you've been through, Rainbow Bridge here would be a lovely way to remember them.

Good luck with your new pack member, he'll be ruling the roost soon enough! Look forward to loads of pics & chatting with you around here, xx

Hi Julie. Welcome. What a sad, sad ordeal to endure. Losing one would be bad enough, but two. We lost our first Husky a little over a year ago, and I still have days when I wish she was still here. At least you have the memories. When you get the new pack member, please post some photos. I'm sure everyone would like to see this new boy.

thanks guys for your warm welcome to the pack and your kind words for Star and Cody. They were the best dogs in the world. The new puppy will be collected a week on sunday!! can't wait.. He's 6 months old, so hopefully should settle quite quickly. The current owners want to stay in contact, so how long should we tell them to wait before visiting do you think?? a couple of months?? we don't want to upset him. Thanks Julie

Welcome Julie. Sorry to hear of your losses. These Siberian kids are tops, I can't imagine life without them. My boy will be 15 in November (on the 11th). Life will be so very different without him when his time comes. *hugs* to you.

A new pup will be a blessing! Can't wait to see pictures.

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the HO Pack,this is a smashing central resource for all things Siberian Husky,and the people on here are the sort who will go out of their way to help....

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your two boys,it really is the same as losing a member of the family in my eyes.

I look forward to hearing all abot the new pup,and of course lots of pictures :)

Best Always,

Kevin & The Girls:bullseye: