Found out Diesel's bday

He's not as old as I thought :D Which explains a TON about his behavior since I've had him (among other things lol) finally got into the website that has his microchip info(only took a whole stinking year >_<) he was an owner surrender so they have his bdate :) So exctied. Knew if anyone would understand my excitement would be my fellow dog loves :D My boy was born on 10/7/2009 and Kiana was born on 12/18/2009

post-2387-0-80881600-1379961299_thumb.jp

post-1092-13586016956947_thumb.jpg

Hehe thanks :D No Jennet it doesn't say anything about his mix but I'm sure that's because the lady was convinced he had wolf in him. They told us he was between 3 and 4 when I got him soooo yeah they were totally off >_< I'm pretty sure it's husky though given his tail and certain behaviors. LOL I could always genetic test him to be sure but meh I'm so thrilled I know his actually bday makes things sooooooo much easier :) Gosh that means he's just going to be hitting his top weight and height this year. Sad thing is now that I know I also know that I am his fifth home before he was even 1 1/2 just breaks my heart. No wonder he was a hyper active mess when I got him to poor boy :( Funny thing is with some hard work (nearly a whole years worth LOL) He's calming down and settling in nicely. Anyway lol this is much longer than I intended but WOOT :D

How did you find out his birthdate from his microchip number!?

I have Suka's on file...but I never knew it would have that kind of data! If they have it on file, which I'm sure they should, then I can stop assuming his birthday is the day we got him! Whoo!

His microchip is registered with Home Again. I went on there today because I finally got the information on his chip number and that I needed to renew it (gee go figure I get it JUST IN TIME to renew it :rolleyes:) He was micro-chipped as a puppy and registered before they brought him over to the west coast. Granted there's not a 100% guarantee that its accurate but from what I know, what my two vets have told me, and from what the lady and humane society told me about his history it makes sense. Anyway when you log in to your chip site there should be a place that you can update or change the info about your dog. I looked down and right above the description it has his birthdate :)

that is great news!! Isn't is a brilliant feeling when you get to the bottom of it all?? We did this with our Diesel too, he turned out to be much OLDER than we were lead to believe by his last home, but hey ho!

Yeah, we just did it with Suka, and he ended up being 2 years younger than what we thought!