Opinions wanted

We all have different opioins when it comes to a dogs intelligence so I thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone thinks :)

For me, an intelligent dog is one who:

Can think for themselves

Wants to be a part of a pack and is happy with their place in the pack

Can test the owners skills to the absolute max

Strong minded / shows determination to get what or where they want

Knows the meaning of pack love

Understands who their pack leader is

Can follow what they have been told

Knows what play time is

Shows various behaviours related to their ancestors (i.e. for us sibe owners would be the wolf)

In your opinion, what makes a dog intelligent?

an intelligent dog

Can think for themselves

Can test the owners skills to the absolute max

Strong minded / shows determination to get what or where they want

micha is very bright, saskia not so much, but then she has problems focusing, unless there is a food source nearby

saskia is very easy going, micha can be a very independant minded when she wants to

agree with all these - most intelligent one though has to be knowing when daddy says no - go to mummy and get what you want lol

oh very true sarah! thats also one of Jamie faves too he does that alot with his mum and dad! Another one is go to mummy and get what you want and the go to daddy and say "mummy told me to ask you" and get what you want twice - however you need to make sure mummy and daddy are not close together!

what makes a dog intellegent? ........ bein a sibe nuff sed lol

true, very very true

mine is pretty smart, but she still cant figure out how to get treats out of her kong. i just watch her and think, BITE IT. If you bite it, it will break up the biscuit and the pieces will fall out.

but no, she just licks at it. so i just shake my head, hand in face.

mine is pretty smart, but she still cant figure out how to get treats out of her kong. I just watch her and think, bite it. If you bite it, it will break up the biscuit and the pieces will fall out.

But no, she just licks at it. So i just shake my head, hand in face.

lol lol lol lol