But daddy, I wanna chew!!!

Since I haven't had any major issues with Avalanch this is more amusing than anything else ... as long as it doesn't become a habit!

post-9278-0-69163100-1379452756_thumb.jp

I like this, I can run and toss it and it's lots of fun!!

post-9278-0-24516800-1379452762_thumb.jp

And for those times you want me to be quiet, I can knaw on this for hours!!!

post-9278-0-87340700-1379452773_thumb.jp

But, daddy, they were on the floor .....

That was a new pair of jeans!!! The first time I wore them, he chewed on the button and zipper. Since I can get around real casually, that wasn't a big problem. The second time I wore them he decided to go whole hog on the zipper - and awe, hell, let's chew on the leg as well!!!!

I have no idea what was on those jeans that he found so interesting, I figured after they got washed they'd be okay .... wrong!!!

post-9278-0-90625400-1379452779_thumb.jp

Uh, what, you want me dad??? But I didn't do it, really!!!!

post-5355-13586016224044_thumb.jpg

post-5355-1358601622759_thumb.jpg

post-5355-13586016230385_thumb.jpg

post-5355-13586016233858_thumb.jpg

Figure he's a little over a year. The pound said three but there's no way - at the best he'd be maybe two.

Qualifies as an Alaskan Husky - pulls worse than Misty ever thought of .... he's also a lot stockier than a Sibe, my guess is that he weighs in at 60 lbs +/-.

If it becomes a habit we're going to have a discussion, but he's been really good about chewing - the rope toy took him about a week to destroy (that's why I got two!) and the nylabone is a constant chew toy when I'm living on the computer. (( I lie, he's laying on the floor beside my chair, just crashed out - 'course it is getting on towards bed time ))

I'm gradually recovering - but then I lie, too .....

Wow - he really did a number on those jeans! :wow2:

Dunno, Al - he looks pretty Siberian to me! He's no where near as stocky as several of my dogs, including Kodi - take a look...

aawww look at that husky he's so woolly :heartbeat: and stocky too! Somewhat mally-like :wub:

aawww look at that husky he's so woolly :heartbeat: and stocky too! Somewhat mally-like :wub:

He's pure Siberian, though, Olivia - and actually not a wooly, although his auntie was! He has a little longer-than normal coat, but the texture is normal - not wooly. He's out of a show line that was quite compact and fluffy! :P

Wow - he really did a number on those jeans! :wow2:

Dunno, Al - he looks pretty Siberian to me! He's no where near as stocky as several of my dogs, including Kodi - take a look...

It really doesn't matter one way or the other ... he's got plenty of Husky attitude ( "I don't wanna!", "What do *I* get?" ) and he's reasonably good company. He's gradually learning how to ride in the jeep without being between me and the inside mirror and the passenger side mirror ... I've driven truck so I use the mirrors! He's drug one of my shirts around, but then lays one it; that pair of jeans is the only thing he's seriously chewed.

As is always the case, he's not the dog that came before ... or the ones before that but we're gradually becoming acclimated to each other.

Yep, mirrors are a good thing! I have to depend on my side mirrors, as the box on my truck precludes use of the rearview mirror - I prefer dogs ride in the back seat (half-seat kind of situation - fine for dogs or kids, not so hot for adults!) so the mirrors aren't blocked!

And Tux and I are still growing "into" each other, 6 months after my loss of Shad... Know how that goes!

Congratulations Al and it looks like you won't be able to have a floordrobe any more. You now have a husky who is house training you. ;) Avalanch defense is that he was customising your jeans for you by giving you an extra bit of ventilation. Well that's his plea and he's sticking to it.

Congratulations Al and it looks like you won't be able to have a floordrobe any more. You now have a husky who is house training you. ;) Avalanch defense is that he was customising your jeans for you by giving you an extra bit of ventilation. Well that's his plea and he's sticking to it.

:doglaugh::doglaugh::doglaugh: