Alaska's underweight!!

Is that Jollyes in Crews Hill? I love that place, although the shop attached to it, Brothers pet store, that sells live animals is where we got our Sky from:eek: Saw her, and felt so sorry for her, total impulse buy!

They sell the raw, frozen meat there, so maybe buy that instead of the tinned food, if you have a freezer big enough. You can cook it in the microwave, or feed it raw.

Yep thats the one >> we enquired about that and we were going to complain but its been shut down thankfully! And she loves the Chappie >> although it doesn't smell that bad to me???? lol:rolleyes:

And thanks Val:o:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the same news from my vet that Dakota is under weight. I feed him Taste of the Wild and leave food down for him all the time. My vet told me to mix in 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese in with the dry dog food every day and that should put an inch on him a month. If you wanted to try that maybe call ask your vet if that would work for your Sibe too if you don't like the canned food.

Told ya it smelt bad;) One way or another, I knew the smell would get you.:D

HAHA well it HAS lol >>> they creep up on me every hour or so, their deadly ... eewwwww:confused:

But great news, in the past 3 days the weight has really come on, its amazing how quickly they can put it on, when i stroke her she feels less bony >> and after every meal i feel her stomache (which never feels full or slighly out) and her tum is always full and firm and she just lies there smiling digesting it all :) And i know shes full as her begging will only last a minute now >> i can come in with fish and chips and she wont bother me >>> RESULT!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I'll keep this thread up-dated, thanks for all the help guys!

Just wanted to add - for Alaska's third meal i have been giving her 2 big handfuls of fatty lamb cuts and a large chicken leg >> and (in the past 4 days) we weighed her when we went to the vets today to get her worming tablet and she is now 18 1/2kg from 17kg >>> so really pleased >> had to share lol :D

Ah thats brilliant. Yeah, lamb is great as well for adding weight, so fatty.

Gosh, that dog is being fed better than my kids:D And I did catch my 6 year old eating some dry dog food the other day! Said he wanted to see what it tasted like. He doesn't have a taste for the tinned Chappie though - I don't think:eek:

Ah thats brilliant. Yeah, lamb is great as well for adding weight, so fatty.

Gosh, that dog is being fed better than my kids:D And I did catch my 6 year old eating some dry dog food the other day! Said he wanted to see what it tasted like. He doesn't have a taste for the tinned Chappie though - I don't think:eek:

lool, i have to say i have had the odd taste of kibble:o >> its gross...but i dont tell my 2 that!!:P ewww and another thing >> Chappie gives them an all day long smell of fish breath:confused:

lol Sarah you deff should NOT try it lol >>> it has a yukki after taste! Yeah Alaska's doing fine, i had to be a bit firm as she is getting a bit picky, so it was just dry food today and she didn't eat a lot so she is probs hungry which means she'll eat properly 2moz;) << which will again be dry food to teach her it isn't gravy and chappie all the way lolz

• 1 month later...