we were on the way back from milford on sunday with the boys, we had just run them with the bikes , when we passed a gentleman with two sibes, so we turned around and went to tell him all about husky owners lol, yes we r obsessed, and it turns out hes the bloke in charge of the permits for the chase lol and he had just got the e-mail i sent him, he said there are only 25 permits issued a year, they r all taken and there is a waiting list :0(, but he said we could go see him or he would come see us to see what other options there are for us , so hopefully we will find somebody to take us under their wing and help us train the boys properly woop woop and he also runs the dog sled club

how do they decide who gets permits? Do they do it on a rota so people who have had one the longest has to give it up to someone on this list? Is it first come first served at renewal time? Do current permit holders get presidence?

• 2 weeks later...

we were on the way back from milford on sunday with the boys, we had just run them with the bikes , when we passed a gentleman with two sibes, so we turned around and went to tell him all about husky owners lol, yes we r obsessed, and it turns out hes the bloke in charge of the permits for the chase lol and he had just got the e-mail i sent him, he said there are only 25 permits issued a year, they r all taken and there is a waiting list :0(, but he said we could go see him or he would come see us to see what other options there are for us , so hopefully we will find somebody to take us under their wing and help us train the boys properly woop woop and he also runs the dog sled club

Hi i live on the chase did not realise u need permit for sibes, what is this for stupid question i guess but dont know can you let me know regards stewart