Help??

Sorry if any of this sounds a bit disgusting and you're trying to eat your breakfast but I'm really worried about Little Nel...

Yesterday on her morning walk (9am) she has 3 poos (all very soft) when she usually only has one or none at all. Then on her evening walk (5pm) she had another 2, however was squatting constantly like she needed to go.

Yesterday was the first day of cutting down her food as we realised we were over feeding her so I know it's not because she's eaten too much.

She has her first lot of food before her morning walk and her second lot after her evening walk.

At some point in the afternoon she did help herself to everything off the coffee table in the living room and eaten a half packet of chocolate flavoured chip cookies. She'd also had a go at eating a newspaper and a set of false eyelashes (she didn't get into the glue that comes with them) but both were still intact. However this is not the first time she has helped herself to things, but has never resulted in these consequences...

Since around 7pm last night she went really quiet and didn't want to play, didn't want to be near anyone and kept hiding. Then when my brother came home he noticed what he thought was sick all over the stairs and landing, when I went to look turns out it wasn't sick but very very liquidy poo - and lots of it.

I then started watching Little Nel and it seems like she has no control over it and it's just coming out of her (still just a brown liquid), and she seems like she's pain when it does (like it's stinging or burning?). It has happened all throught the night and continued this morning. She's still very quiet and no eaten her breakfast.

Has anybody had any experience with this???

I have booked her an appointment at the vets later on today as I'm really worried for her.

My problem is Little Nel has a complete phobia of people! She's only been twice to have her puppy vaccinations and both times she came home a nervous wreck. Does anybody have any tips on how I can try to keep her calm while there???

Thanks to anyone who read through all of that, any help or advice I would be very grateful of, can't stand seeing my baby in pain :(

Sorry to hear that Nel isn't feeling well, no experience of it myself, just thought I would send hugs for Nel from Boone, and wish her a quick recovery,

Andy & Boone

Thank you x

After watching her more this morning it's like she's trying to run away from it as she's doing it... ??? And now she's shaking :(

Have got a vet appointment at 10, hope he can give us some answers

We're back from the vets...

He was really good with her and he thinks that she may have a parasite in her gut as she isn't putting on weight at all (she is only 14kg) and is dangerously thin

He's given her: an injection of antibiotics, a 5 day course of antibiotic tablets, a tube of paste to improve healthy bacteria in her gut, and has put her on a strict diet of chicken and rice which he gave us a bit of to start her off with today and told us to change from 2meals a day back up to 4 or 5. We also have to collect a stool sample from her as soon as possible and take it back to him for analysis to see wether it is parasites, if not it could mean that she has an internal problem that would require surgery :(

UPDATE:

The vet called today while I was at work and spoke to mom. The results of Little Nels tests have come back and it turns out she's got some sort of blood poisioning that she's had for a while as it's 'well developed'. Mom didn't catch the proper name of what she's got. Anyway we have to take her back to the vet on Wednesday for him to prescribe her some tablets. Until then she has to be seperate from the cat incase she passes it to him in anyway, and Im not allowed to give her any kisses as it could be passed to me :(

Really didn't realise she was this ill, feel so guilty for not noticing sooner.

Just goes to show if you notice any changes in your dog take them to the vet, don't wait around to see if they'll get better on their own

The important thing is that you got her in, the vet's found the problem and you'll be treating it. Don't beat yourself up too bad - the moment you noticed something was amiss you started paying attention and keeping track of her, and when it didn't resolve you brought her in to the vet right away! What more can you expect? Maybe next time you'll notice some more subtle cues that she's off, but you reacted the moment you noticed something was amiss, and that's awesome.

Wishing Little Nel a speedy recovery! Please keep us updated.