ok geeks which one?

Which version of Photoshop do you photoshoppers have?? or which is best, or which should I get?

Alex has said I can get it soon, since I am getting there with gimp, but I want to be able to do things like sigs etc so I want photoshop.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which version of Photoshop do you photoshoppers have?? or which is best, or which should I get?

Alex has said I can get it soon, since I am getting there with gimp, but I want to be able to do things like sigs etc so I want photoshop.

@BlueWolf isn't gimp pretty much as good as photoshop anyway?

If your set on photoshop I would suggest downloading it..... :P

as do you really want to pay £280 for the latest version of Photoshop (cs5)??

@BlueWolf isn't gimp pretty much as good as photoshop anyway?

If your set on photoshop I would suggest downloading it..... :P

as do you really want to pay £280 for the latest version of Photoshop (cs5)??

is that how much it is?? :jawdrop:

GIMP and Photoshop both have their own specific tools. But for most users who want to do basic stuff (I still consider the photoshop competitions we do here as basic stuff) you can use both. If you don't want to pay that much (and want to stay legal :D) I think GIMP would be the best solution.

There's no "best photo editing program". Just the one you prefer the most. Photoshop can do things GIMP can't, but at the same time GIMP can do things Photoshop can't. In my eyes they are both equal.

bu

Yeh if you only want it to do stuff that we are doing for the photoshop challenges then stay with GIMP as like Jos said it is only basic stuff that is needed and GIMP can do it easily.

but i would love to be able to do sigs

bu

but i would love to be able to do sigs

My sig and whole log is made in GIMP :)

logo-800x200.png

The best way to learn it is usually just to try stuff out yourself. Try as much as possible, play with as many tools as possible. And when you want to achieve a certain effect you can ask it on here, but you'll also find lots and lots of tutorials on GIMP :)

WTF is gimp ?????

Opensource photoshop type proggy.

Photoshop is what you want if you are a professional graphic designer and it does contain far more tools than gimp. I have used both for many years. I prefer photoshop myself, but as people have already said, for anything that anyone has ever done on this forum and most things you see generally around the web, you can do the same in GIMP. If you dont know how to use either yet, then I would download gimp and use that. There are plenty of tutorials around the web and one of the best resources to be honest is youtube if you want to learn how to use it.