FontOrg

Removed #5

I know, that draws a big "HUH!!??" from all of you but I figure I'll take a second and tell you a little of what I do when I'm not giving someone a hard time on HO.

If you're a font collector then my FontOrg is a handy program that will allow you to organize your font collection in several different fashions ( foundry / designer / type [ttf/otf/type 1], oh shoot there are about 10 different selection criteria. The note in my status that say's I've been working on a program - well that's the program. Anyway, just released the new Beta to my user base so I have a few days to let them hack at it and see what they have to say.

Had one user talking about his 75k+ collection, I have over 250K (many of which are proprietary, so no I don't share) and talk about spending a few minutes when I have to run a full test!!!!

BREAK TIME!!!!!!

Damn, I'm a small timer then :(

Only got 13,000+ on mine 1.31gig :)

Sounds like a useful prog' :up:

i know its not hard but ....... :confused1:

People who collect fonts ( an obvious diagnosis of OCD ) spend their days and nights wandering the web looking for the latest and greatest fonts irregardless of the source. The time they don't spend looking, they spend sorting then into categories of some sort. My program does a good job of automating the sorting and organizing ...

Does that help at all????

People who collect fonts ( an obvious diagnosis of OCD ) spend their days and nights wandering the web looking for the latest and greatest fonts irregardless of the source. The time they don't spend looking, they spend sorting then into categories of some sort. My program does a good job of automating the sorting and organizing ...

Does that help at all????

erm sort of - but im still confused - no worries lol

Just to clarify for Nix's sake.

We do not collect the ornate water receptacles used in infant baptismal services.

We collect the typefaces used in various pieces of software, such as Microsoft Word and Open office. :P

Ah, you're a programmer too a? :)

I personally can't call myself a font collector, back when I was into web development a started it with CSS3 being awesome and all. But I blame the fact that I don't search for fonts on the fact that I don't know much about using them. Windows (7?) doesn't seem to like multiple fonts, either that or I just never learned much about them from not caring. Linux on the other hand loves for you to change it around...

I'm assuming it's a Win32 app?

Ah, you're a programmer too a? :)

I personally can't call myself a font collector, back when I was into web development a started it with CSS3 being awesome and all. But I blame the fact that I don't search for fonts on the fact that I don't know much about using them. Windows (7?) doesn't seem to like multiple fonts, either that or I just never learned much about them from not caring. Linux on the other hand loves for you to change it around...

I'm assuming it's a Win32 app?

No, I'm a retired truck driver ... :) (( who programmed for 20 years +/- before I decided that the people who were doing the design work were just that - idiots! ))

Win 7 is a lot happier about people who have many fonts than earlier versions are, but most people don't even use them unless they're in grpahic design of some kind.

Couldn't find a decent (free) visual COBOL compiler so it's written in Visual Basic 2005 - so yes it's a Win 32 (or 64) ap.