Alaska's been Attacked!!

Lool im not freaking out at all >> iff a huge dog has Alaska by the throat and is killing her i wouldnt at all mind tazering the little bugger >>> But point taken lol: Dont go around zapping dogs for no apparent reason hehe ;)

And Val that lab owners sound slike a jacka** >>> Your right, people always assume my 'wolf' is a vicious beast and when i mention she gets fed raw they pick up their pooch and leave with dissettled looks >>>> You just cant win lol

She's fine now anyway, most important thing:)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to add that i now carry either Pepper Spray or a Tazer with me on all my walks.

Its near impossible to wrestle off a dog that weighs more than you do. For safety sake for your dog, you and any children.

And in California, everyone and their brothers own Pit Bulls.

Next time if a dog attacks... I'll be ready. I dont give a crap if the owner gets mad at me for tazing their dog. If its trying to draw blood, its an enemy.

sounds like a good idea but not sure what the laws are in the uk concerning tazers and pepper spray not sure if it is ilegal to carry them here in the uk does anyone know the uk law on theese

i must admit after a few run ins in the local park i have debated letting the dogs go , as i think if they were being attacked by a big dog they would stand more chance of escaping if i let them go instead of makin them easy targets for the attacking dog by havin them on the leads, luckily the last dog that attacked dief was only little , but now i walk all 3 of the dogs 2gether so it could get very tangled , hopefully i will never have to put it into action , and yes it is illegal to carry pepperspray and tazars in this country lol, do you think one of them noisy rape alarms may have the same effect though ?

the sad thing is, we shouldn't be having this conversation, really, but I agree, if a dog was to attack Myshka, I'd let her lead go to give her half a chance, notify the police, then wait till I got a call from the pound as she's microchipped, as I know she wouldn't recall after that!! Maybe pepper spray is a no-no over here, but a bag of pepper itself can't get you into trouble as carrying an offensive weapon, can it? ;)

alaska

Thanks Sara >> thats what my sis thinks, that it would be better as soon as possible to meet other well adjusted dogs >>> i'll let you all know 2moz xx

i do hope alaska is getting better and hope it doesnt put off dogs silly owner if its viscouse shouldnt be off lead hugs from nooks alaska :D

• 3 weeks later...

i hope alaska is better now, isha was attacked by 3 large stray dogs when she was young, i wasnt walking her at the time but the oh at the time spent a few minutes kicking them all in the head and it didnt really work, isha has never got on with other dogs well since that and as a result has spent the last 9 years nearly friendless apart from a few very submissive younger dogs, hopefully she will become great friends with keira for her last years, i think the best thing to do is get alaska back into playing with other friendly dogs asap, i wish i had, good luck, husky hugs from my two.

Thanks all, when i went to the meet she was scared of all these huskies at first, then she told them all off, she made enemies with Sky and Saskia :( The only one she played with in the end was Kimba, it was so funny >> ive got a pic of them and Kimba's paws are all off the flaw :D

She will growl at puppies and stand over them >> and then she will play, she's getting better but she's not that friendly but IS getting better....so thanks again

xx

A couple of weeks ago I had all my dogs out some where thats not usually got others with there dogs, this one time I turned around the corner and Two staffs bolted towards me they stood up at the side of my huskies in a very threatening manner. Im quite calm and the first thing I shouted to the owner was not to approach and to keep on walking away. Most aggressive dogs tend to react viciously when the owner approaches hence telling him to walk away. They turned looked at him then followed. Must admit not easy with three huskies and a mongrel keeping them calm.

Any dog thats a threat should always be kept on a lead you just dont know whats coming around a corner.

Hope Alaski makes an 100% recovery

A couple of weeks ago I had all my dogs out some where thats not usually got others with there dogs, this one time I turned around the corner and Two staffs bolted towards me they stood up at the side of my huskies in a very threatening manner. Im quite calm and the first thing I shouted to the owner was not to approach and to keep on walking away. Most aggressive dogs tend to react viciously when the owner approaches hence telling him to walk away. They turned looked at him then followed. Must admit not easy with three huskies and a mongrel keeping them calm.

Any dog thats a threat should always be kept on a lead you just dont know whats coming around a corner.

Hope Alaski makes an 100% recovery

Thanks a lot, Alaska is fine now, her stitch has come out and her ear is brand new again, she can just be a bit ready for it if you know what i mean:confused: But we are working puppy alaski lol

Rather brave of you to command the situation, i know what you mean about the satffs, they charge up and go to the side with their ears back and tails still >>> very domminant and argumentative position if you ask me:2gunsfiring_v1:

xx

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear about alaska, That's 1 breed i don't like is staff's cause when they start fighting there like TANKS! And hope alaska o.k. Koda wounds healed fine with a bit of savlon. yea you Should have a chat with the owner aswell cause that's not rite if they knew it was known to be a bit of a scrapper.

Speak soon

well i have a staffy cross and hes the most amazing dog ever the kids can tie him up and he wont even growl which is a clear indication that not all staffys are the same its purley down to the handler/owner and how the train and treat th dog!!!! my staffy gets on with my husky also hes a VERY friendly dog. im so sorry hear about the dog at the start of this convo was attacked this is shocking and i would be going round to the owner of the staffy and would be making sure it was walked on a lead with a muzzle and if they refused i would report it to prevent any other dogs being harmed i hope your dog gets much better

Sorry to hear about alaska, That's 1 breed i don't like is staff's cause when they start fighting there like TANKS! And hope alaska o.k. Koda wounds healed fine with a bit of savlon. yea you Should have a chat with the owner aswell cause that's not rite if they knew it was known to be a bit of a scrapper.

Speak soon

Thanks John, i used warm water and salt and then Vaseline and it was almost healed and she only needed the 1 stitich ..i think:confused: But now youve mentioned your success with Savlon i'll add it to the doggy aid cupboard. She healed just fine but she can be more than narky on the lead with other dogs, shell just gor for them..but i have noticed it sounds bad but its all noise, she will growl and make these jerky barks..realise the dog means no threat..assert herself in a rather "Oh i thought you were going to attack me..sorry....but im still the boss:s" kind of way..at the forum meet she did this to all the males >> she more protects herself:D Off-lead shes great with all dogs, she sees the lead as something stopping her from escaping.

well i have a staffy cross and hes the most amazing dog ever the kids can tie him up and he wont even growl which is a clear indication that not all staffys are the same its purley down to the handler/owner and how the train and treat th dog!!!! my staffy gets on with my husky also hes a VERY friendly dog. im so sorry hear about the dog at the start of this convo was attacked this is shocking and i would be going round to the owner of the staffy and would be making sure it was walked on a lead with a muzzle and if they refused i would report it to prevent any other dogs being harmed i hope your dog gets much better

I love staffys and staff crosses, their a wonderful breed, my trainer always rants on about how their the easiest dog to train and a real pleasure to own >>> EVERY session lool I dont think i had that much barganing power in the end as Alaska did some damage too, but each time Alaska sees Luna she turn her whole body away and shakes like a leaf. Alaska only attacked back because Luna was trying to kill her..i have a feeling if Alaska had just lay there she could have died...when staffs go into that red zone they wont let go of their 'prey' until its not breathing!!! I had a chat with her and she gave me her word Luna would be leashed, but i will report her if i see her off a lead..i might report her anyway and make it so Luna has to wear a muzzel.

Sorry to hear about Alaskas bad luck and hope she gets better soon

I have had the same thing happen to Sam twice and would you believe both times were Staffies .The last one had hold of his loose skin on his back and i thought he had ripped him to bits but when i finally dragged the staff off him thankfully there wasnt any break in the skin .Sam then went mental and grabbed the staff around the throat (All of this happened while the owner stood watching ... his dog was off the leash and Sam was on his right next to my side)

My problem now is that it has made him slightly unsociable and when dogs come up to him now he sniffs their nose and then snaps at them so that i have to get him on a tight leash whenever we are passing any dogs .Its also rubbed off on Jess my collie cross