I can't believe this person!!!!

I was nosing around on yahoo answers before I was going to come on here during my inbetween time with the housework :confused:

As I was browing around minding my own business I found this question which REALLY made my blood boil!! I really couldnt understand why they think mixing a breed with a different mixed breed makes a dog healthier than a pedigree when they obviously have no idea what they are doing!!! :mad: :banghead:

What are your views on this (I can probs guess though ;))

Here is the link to the question:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ago6aRnrwFq25TFhok2d8u4gBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20090524225142AABuunV&show=7#profile-info-Rrc1V9TPaa

Here was what I answered (well, you probs know when its me as avater is Gizmo and username is the same as on here)

ok I am going to cut this very short and say people like you are the type of person that make mine (and by the looks of it ALOT of other peoples) blood boil OTT!!!

Firstly I would say if I personally wanted a mixed breed I would go to a animal shelter where they give so much more love in return!

Secondly, IMO there is no such thing as a designer dog! They are cross breeds/mutts/mixes

Third;y I want to know how you can be so sure that a mixed breed is more healthier than a pedigree? I bet you have not done ANY DNA or health test on your Doberman CROSS GSD so how do you know she is healthy? Have you done any hip scores, eye tests? Do you work her? Do you show her? I bet not! Pedigree dogs, yes are fallen victim to Back Yard Breeders (like you would be for example, sorry for the expression), which are bred by respectfull breeders are put through many different health tests, have pedigree lines to show what background they are coming from, are shown in different competitive dog shows and the winners becoming the best example of the breed, are also worked for their specific purpose, are recongnised breeds by kennel clubs world wide and have a specific breed standard for each pedigree and if a dog from this breed does not fit the breed standard in any way then they should not be bred from and its the same for cross breeds, they should not be purposely bred from, like you are wanting, as they have no breed standard so how do you know they are better than a pedigree?

Another point is these breeds you are wanting to purposely mix have been specifically bred for generations by tribes/groups of people for specific purposes (i.e. the husky is specifically bred for pulling large amounts of weight over different types of terrain but the Doberman is more bred for guarding purposes, etc etc) and so they are completely different breeds not too mention from different areas of the globe! Purposely cross breeding IMO should be banned completely! By mix breeding you are ruining each and every breed you mix with!

IMO people who purposely cross breed and then give it some silly fancy name as if it was a pedigree (Take the Labradoodle for example) are only in it for the money!

I have been bought up to believe that there is a specific breed of dog to suit everyones needs without the requirment of any being mixed!

You say that dogs in shelters are not your problem! I hate to dissappoint you but it is your problem! You kind of people are the very reason why dogs are in shelters for life! Ive seen too many dogs go into shelters and died of old age in shelters because of the sheer amount of people mix breeding dogs that loads of people now would rather have a puppy, and so what happens to that poor dog stuck in a cage all day with nothing to do, no one to love, no one to talk to, no one to play with, all they can do is just sit in hope - what happens? The get put down!!! There are so many mixed breeds and pedigrees that end up in shelters, all of them willing to give whoever adopts them unconditional love and affection for the rest of their life!! why dont you do something good and dont purposely cross breed you girl and put her through all that aggrivation and pain and have her spayed and go out and tell people if they want a non pedigree dog then go to the shelter - at least that goes to a good cause and not your back pocket!

One more point - you say "in the wild there would be no full breed dog, so its only natural....." Saying that is like saying nothing is pure! Is the lion really a lion or is it a leaopard and panther? Is the crocodile really a crocodile or is it a iguana and python? Is the wolf really a wolf? Is a rabbit really a rabbit? Did we really evolve from chimps or were we cross bred by different species? Get the idea!

omg what a silly cow hope she takes on board every1s comments and realises what she wants 2 do is stupidly stupid and isnt helpin any1 espacially these dogs! as u no havin bing i have no problems at all wit cross breeds but if ur breeding on purpose (and by the looks ov it for no reason) they ur nuffin but a low life back yard breeder!

well said amy although i have had a cross breed from a shelter before i would never purposely cros breed

same here my mums dogs was a cross breed but wasnt purposely or intentionally bred and in them cases I dont have a problem for crossed mixed breed but it people like the one asking the question that really ticks me off!