Tibetan Terrier Destruction

My furbrother Bear is a nightmare. this is what he has done to my mums wall.

He regularly destroys all of his toys ( and three dog beds) she mends them daily and buys new ones, the only things he has not destroyed are tennis balls, but he prefers the wall.!

any ideas for help for my mum please?

post-2224-13585973199015_thumb.jpg

My 9 year old brother was bought a tibetan terrier called Buddy for his birthday over a year ago and i must say, he is a wonderfully behaved dog! Never destroyed anything in the house, not even his own toys. He gets walked twice a day, the woodland in the morning and the beach in the evening and my little brother attends agility classes with Buddy once a week. Tibetan terriers are not typically destructive and were originally kept by tibetan monks. However they do need exercise and need to have their minds kept busy as they think a lot and are very clever, maybe try some advanced obedience training?

My mom has similar problems with her collie X spaniel pup - everything needs to be kept up high and well out of reach otherwise it's found later ripped to shreds lol! She recently started munching on the chair legs :duh: in no way do I think its because she is bored as she has 2 or 3 walks each day, always has someone in the house with her to play with and has plenty of toys and chews. Basically all my mom does is when she sees her munching something she's not meant to, replace it with something else like one of her chews or a squeak toy. Good luck to your mom!

My mom has similar problems with her collie X spaniel pup - everything needs to be kept up high and well out of reach otherwise it's found later ripped to shreds lol! She recently started munching on the chair legs :duh: in no way do I think its because she is bored as she has 2 or 3 walks each day, always has someone in the house with her to play with and has plenty of toys and chews. Basically all my mom does is when she sees her munching something she's not meant to, replace it with something else like one of her chews or a squeak toy. Good luck to your mom!

your mum is doing exactly the right thing! :up: my mum has four border collies and trained each of them to leave her stuff alone in exactly the same way. They are all good as gold now.