bee stings

bee stings ? how would your husky react ? NEO was ok until mid afternoon ,then lethargic , didnt want treats- not like him at all .gums at the front looked swollen and didnt like being examined. phoned the vet but they said just monitor him- sugested 1/2 a paracetemal for pain relief. A couple of hours later all seemed to be ok ,had some food , no runs or vomiting at all . found half eaten bee on the grass hence the question.

ohhh poor Neo, hope he gets better soon.

So far so good, my boys haven't gotten up close and personal with a bee / wasp.

Suppose if i got stung i wouldn't feel to great so he may not either? if it's in his mouth i'd just make sure the airway doesn't become swollen.

Let us know how he gets on Ian

Rocky was stung when hewas a puppy, his left side of his lips swelled up, but they only remained like that for a day or so and returned to normal. He still chases bees and wasps though in the garden!! so he hasnt learnt his lesson yet :D

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES GUYS N GAL ! Neo seems to be back to normal ,eating well chasing flies in the garden. stoooopid puppy ! Wife found a large dead bee in the living room as well as the one i found outside in the garden so maybe he`ll learn and leave them alone in future - i doubt it !

Glad he's ok...i try and stop Eika when she trys to chase bees!

my cat got stung by a wasp once and her mouth swelled up, the stinger was still in it, so we managed to grab her and use tweezers to pull it out. It went down almost instantly.