Doggy Door

Sarah

Don't about you but my two are constantly in and out all night lol i don't mind having the back door open all night but a certain pain in the arse who i will not name doesn't like the cold so i'm up and down all night opening and closing the back door for them.

I'm thinking of getting a dog flap but wondered if anyone else has one or has had one in the past?? If so, where did you get it from and was / is it any good??

• 2 months later...

We have a dog flap, but we do live in the middle of nowhere, and a burglar would have to get past the 9 plus dogs first. We had one in London though, and it was great. Regarding security, I think that if someone wants to get in, they're going to find a way. Just as easy to smash a window as to crawl through a dog flap, but it would probably have insurance implications alright.

We have a dog flap big enough for a mastiff and security isn't an issue!!!

It has a lockable metal insert to put in when you aren;t around which actually makes it more secure than the crappy pvc that's in your door as standard...

Most UPVC doors only require one swift kick and any burglars would be in and besides most get in via your front door by hooking your keys from where you left them on the stairs/side table etc or using a small drill bit and coming through your front door or windows.

If they are accessing your house from the back door through a re-inforced lockable steel door you have more security problems than you think....

Dog flaps aren't a problem and are very very useful!!

xx