From cute little puppy to big handsome dog

This is my American Pit Bull Terrier Koopa from under 7 weeks old to a year old. Koopa is very much loved, spoiled, and rotten :P He loves everyone he meets. He also loves our other pets, canine and others lol. He absolutly loves our cats, he let our kitten try to nurse on him when she was 8 weeks old. We also have a cat that is over a year old who tries to suckle from his shoulder, he just sits there and doesn't give a care in the world. He's such a sweetie, when we brought home a tiny kitten found in the middle of they road, not in the best of health, Koopa laid right beside his little bed watching over the kitten. He also loves our ferrets lol. I love all dogs and of course love huskies but pit bulls hold a special spot in my heart.

post-4265-13585965968841_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965969172_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965969563_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965969956_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965970259_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965970549_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965971117_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965971631_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965972202_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965972751_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965973446_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965974107_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965974432_thumb.png

post-4265-13585965974845_thumb.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It just goes to show you that its not always the breed that is dangerous but how you raise and care for them. If im not mistaken this breed is banned in the UK due to

idiots that fight them and make them nasty on purpose.

He looks so cute and cuddly :)

Yeah they are also baned in a lot of places here in the states. Ignorance, fear, and irresponsible owners are killing the breed. It's sad to watch animals pay for the crimes of man because mankind is to selfish and self righteous to admid fault, thus placing blame on a creature who cannot speak for it's self. lol I won't get on my soap box but I have strong views lol :mstickle:

Anyways I agree that a lot of it is in how a dog is raised. I've owned/fostered 4 pit bulls and only had problems with 1 and she had been badly abused :( it's sad the torment some people are capable of inflicting upon a creature they deem to be worthless

way to go to prove its deffinately deed and NOT breed - he is such a stunning boy! :)

shame not all owners are as good as you :) +1

Thank You!

while Koopa is by far not perfect and could use some training as he gets very hyper and jumps on ppl and pulls at the lead he has been socilized with people and other animals. He loves loves loves meeting ppl. We have a friend that gets a tongue bath every time she comes over haha. Koopa is a big sweetie just very hyper when meeting people. He is still a pup though.

Awwwww what a gorgeous boy! I have to say I do have a real soft spot for bully breeds myself although I've never owned one I have met plenty and it really is the minority owned by the morons that give the rest a bad name! Keep up your good work with this handsome chap I do love to hear the success stories.. like Stanley the rescue pitty from Florida Christmas 2009 who now has a great how with respect-a-bull in Canada! Im a fan of his on FB!!! :D

Awwwww what a gorgeous boy! I have to say I do have a real soft spot for bully breeds myself although I've never owned one I have met plenty and it really is the minority owned by the morons that give the rest a bad name! Keep up your good work with this handsome chap I do love to hear the success stories.. like Stanley the rescue pitty from Florida Christmas 2009 who now has a great how with respect-a-bull in Canada! Im a fan of his on FB!!! :D

Yeah I'm quite pleased at how Koopa has filled out, he still isn't full grown so he's gonna be a big boy o.O

respect-a-bull haven't heard of that one yet :D I'm a member of a few positive pit bull sites, admin on one woot woot. I've written many school papers and informative articles for a site, their url is on my profile if anyone wants to check them out lol.

Koopa is such a lovely boy!!!! I'm so envious! I would love to have a pittie but Uk Banned them :banghead2:

I totally agree with the approach of "punish the deed not the breed" Because now responsible dog owners in the UK have to miss out on the chance to own one of these wonderful dogs!

Sadly, the thugs are turning to Staffies now as a mark of being tough and it's ruining the staffordshire bull terrier's reputation very quickly. Anyone who really knows Staffies can tell you what loving friendly dogs they really are! The dog rescue shelters are brimming with staffies, it's so awful. And I have just started to notice that where I am in Northern Ireland there is a couple of rough estates that are starting to fill with Huskies. I really do worry that this is the next choice of dog that gangster wannabe kids are investing in. It would break my heart if somebody told me years down the line that I could no longer keep the breed of dog I have chosen to share my life with.

Anyhooooooo, keep up the awesome job of raising Koopa! Maybe one day I will move and I can have a Pittie just like him! :happy2:

Koopa is such a lovely boy!!!! I'm so envious! I would love to have a pittie but Uk Banned them :banghead2:

I totally agree with the approach of "punish the deed not the breed" Because now responsible dog owners in the UK have to miss out on the chance to own one of these wonderful dogs!

Sadly, the thugs are turning to Staffies now as a mark of being tough and it's ruining the staffordshire bull terrier's reputation very quickly. Anyone who really knows Staffies can tell you what loving friendly dogs they really are! The dog rescue shelters are brimming with staffies, it's so awful. And I have just started to notice that where I am in Northern Ireland there is a couple of rough estates that are starting to fill with Huskies. I really do worry that this is the next choice of dog that gangster wannabe kids are investing in. It would break my heart if somebody told me years down the line that I could no longer keep the breed of dog I have chosen to share my life with.

Anyhooooooo, keep up the awesome job of raising Koopa! Maybe one day I will move and I can have a Pittie just like him! :happy2:

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Koopa boy. He really is a great dog, such a sweet heart.

I totally understand and agree with everything you have said. People think banning certain breeds will solve the problem, what they don't understand is the problem isn't the dogs, it's irresponsible and cruel owners. Like you said once pit bulls have been banned people who have been using them to fight, irresponsibly owning them, abusing them etc. will simply turn to the next breed. Unless we target the real problem, humans, the cycle will continue until no one can own any breed of dog :(

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you :D

It took me a while to get him to leave the antlers alone lol he kept pawing at them trying to get them off. I also have pics of him with a Santa hat on

You're welcome! Several of my guys would be pretty tolerant of having to wear them, but the dirty looks I'd get for making them do it... well, it might not be worth it in the long run!

:oops1: Double post...dang dial up net :(

Hate dial-up with a passion! I dropped my Internet service for a couple of years because that was all that was available where I live. It was so horribly slow I felt it wasn't worth even the minimal amount I was paying for it... I've had a cellular modem for a bit over a year, and it works so much better! :clap:

Hate dial-up with a passion! I dropped my Internet service for a couple of years because that was all that was available where I live. It was so horribly slow I felt it wasn't worth even the minimal amount I was paying for it... I've had a cellular modem for a bit over a year, and it works so much better! :clap:

Yeah I hate my dial-up but unless I want to pay an arm and a leg it's all I can get for the moment :( I may be looking into a faster option this fall *crosses fingers* I can load basic pages but no videos and pictures are iffy. When this forum was switching I was worried about not being able to load it from home but it loads better than the old one :D

Yeah I hate my dial-up but unless I want to pay an arm and a leg it's all I can get for the moment :( I may be looking into a faster option this fall *crosses fingers* I can load basic pages but no videos and pictures are iffy. When this forum was switching I was worried about not being able to load it from home but it loads better than the old one :D

If you have US Cellular available (with a good signal) where you are, the basic Internet service which I have through them runs a bit over $50/month - not sure what you're paying for dial-up. Videos take time and patience to load, and don't even think of leaving it on a Live-type page, because you'll soon end up with huge charges, but from what I hear, it's better than satellite Internet (I'd believe that, having that for my TV! Especially when there's heavy rain or snow fall), and way better than dial-up.

If you have US Cellular available (with a good signal) where you are, the basic Internet service which I have through them runs a bit over $50/month - not sure what you're paying for dial-up. Videos take time and patience to load, and don't even think of leaving it on a Live-type page, because you'll soon end up with huge charges, but from what I hear, it's better than satellite Internet (I'd believe that, having that for my TV! Especially when there's heavy rain or snow fall), and way better than dial-up.

Sadly no cellular signal where I live. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere lol. I only pay $9.99 for dial-up so it isn't too terrible. I've heard bad things about satellite internet, we use to have direct tv but no longer :( I miss being able to watch normal tv lol we have no channels at all so we just watch DVD's over and over and over again. If I can get KY Wi Max (we are in their service map but that doesn't guarantee a signal) it's only like $35 a month.

Sadly no cellular signal where I live. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere lol. I only pay $9.99 for dial-up so it isn't too terrible. I've heard bad things about satellite internet, we use to have direct tv but no longer :( I miss being able to watch normal tv lol we have no channels at all so we just watch DVD's over and over and over again. If I can get KY Wi Max (we are in their service map but that doesn't guarantee a signal) it's only like $35 a month.

You must be in a mountain area, then? Flatland does have advantages! Unfortunately, last I checked, it was the only company with reliable cellular service in my area - too rural (I live in a county which has no traffic lights at all!). Hope you can get something better than dial-up and bad TV soon! :jawdrop::P

You must be in a mountain area, then? Flatland does have advantages! Unfortunately, last I checked, it was the only company with reliable cellular service in my area - too rural (I live in a county which has no traffic lights at all!). Hope you can get something better than dial-up and bad TV soon! :jawdrop::P

Not the mountains but it is pretty hilly lol I live in the country too, on the edge of 3 counties, Boyle, Cassey, and Marion. I have a Gravel Switch address but don't actually live in Gravel Switch. I can get a cell signal at the end of my road but it's only 1-2 bars :/ I'll be glad when I can finally move but it's going to be another year or two.

Not the mountains but it is pretty hilly lol I live in the country too, on the edge of 3 counties, Boyle, Cassey, and Marion. I have a Gravel Switch address but don't actually live in Gravel Switch. I can get a cell signal at the end of my road but it's only 1-2 bars :/ I'll be glad when I can finally move but it's going to be another year or two.

When I first moved here, I had to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks, while the people I bought my house from finished their new house. To get cell service, I had to go out and stand on their front porch - and maybe I could get it then! My parents actually live in town (Aplington), but I live on an acreage outside - it's a tiny town, about 700 or so people. For all the problems that come with living in a rural setting, I do love it! :)