From cute little puppy to big handsome dog

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first moved here, I had to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks, while the people I bought my house from finished their new house. To get cell service, I had to go out and stand on their front porch - and maybe I could get it then! My parents actually live in town (Aplington), but I live on an acreage outside - it's a tiny town, about 700 or so people. For all the problems that come with living in a rural setting, I do love it! :)

We live about 30 minutes from the nearest towns. I don't mind living in the country but I would like to be a little closer to town. Also I can't stand the neighbors lol. When we finally get to move I'm wanting to live outside of the city limits but not be too far out :D

We live about 30 minutes from the nearest towns. I don't mind living in the country but I would like to be a little closer to town. Also I can't stand the neighbors lol. When we finally get to move I'm wanting to live outside of the city limits but not be too far out :D

Yeah, I live about 5 miles from towns big enough to have gas stations/convenience stores and the like, but more like a half hour or more to get to a town with more amenities - Walmart/Target or other larger stores... It can be a pain, but it's worth it, overall, and property taxes are lower out in the boonies! :D

Aww Koopa's real cute ^0^

Wait, ban? You mean... no one is allowed to own a pitbull at home? REALLY? That's unfair!! :mad: Pitbulls are extremely loyal and good-looking!! Why are they banned? :(

Yeah sadly a lot of places ban this breed instead of working on the real problem, irresponsible and cruel owners. It's a sad world we live in when animals are blamed for the crimes of man. There are a lot of places here in the US and even other places around the world were pit bulls are banned and not allowed there at all. Many families have lost their beloved pets, and many innocent dogs have lost their lives simply because there breed is deemed as monsters. All these bans do is punish responsible owners and innocent dogs. Those who fight, abuse and neglect pit bulls don't care if the breed is banned. They will keep them anyways or simply switch to another breed. I'm very passionate about pit bulls and pit bull type dogs and fighting breed specific legislation (BSL). BSL actually targets 75 dog breeds including any pit bull type dogs (American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers and other breeds and any breed that looks like a pit bull). Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes are also one of the breeds on the ban list :confused: Here's a link to an article I wrote about BSL if you want to read more :D

http://hubpages.com/hub/Breedspecificlegislation

Pit Bulls really are wonderful dogs but like with any breed people need to do their research before owning one or before judging a breed.

Yeah, I live about 5 miles from towns big enough to have gas stations/convenience stores and the like, but more like a half hour or more to get to a town with more amenities - Walmart/Target or other larger stores... It can be a pain, but it's worth it, overall, and property taxes are lower out in the boonies! :D

Mine are high now so maybe I don't want to move closer if they are higher lol. I want to live about 15 minutes from town. My brother lives in the country but he's only 15 minutes from town. Maybe I'll buy his house in the future :D

Mine are high now so maybe I don't want to move closer if they are higher lol. I want to live about 15 minutes from town. My brother lives in the country but he's only 15 minutes from town. Maybe I'll buy his house in the future :D

Some areas might have lower property taxes nearer town, depending on a lot of factors. When you start looking, check out what property taxes in various area are. The larger towns near me where I would usually go to shop are in a county which is pretty expensive, tax-wise, as I understand it. One town is a University town, fairly up-scale and with a number of more expensive houses. The other town is more industrial, but also has a larger population of disadvantaged people in it - both situations can lead to higher taxes, I believe (some because of the larger/more expensive properties, some to take care of necessary social services).