:( boooooo.

My Upendi probably has to have surgery.

His uhmm, testicles are not where they are supposed to be and are more than likely still by the abdomen, so on the next visit to the vet next month, if they haven't moved down, they'll have to go in and just remove them.

IF not it increases his chances of getting cancer.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I WAS SO SAD when the vet said "CANCER" but then she quickly explained it and oh man I was scared ha.

Anyway, has anyone heard of another dog you know with this same situation or possibly your own dog?

And does anyone know how much this could cost me?

On a mucch, MUCH happier note----- Upendi has been zooming along his puppy training with such grace, boldness and mightaaaynesssssssssss. YES. I am so happy for this site!! Thanks to everyone who contributes sooo much of their own knowledge and their tips. He has changed my life and now, I am addicted to learning new things right along with him! This is my first Husky, btw.

So far he's potty-trained, knows sit, shake my had, lay down and he is getting better on the leash!!! wayyy better haha., he is doing an alrighhhtt job with recall. He's 13 weeks now, is it ok if I am this excited or is this common for his age. I am just so proud of his progress. I know he and I have so much more to learn and he has a massive amount of room to approve, but I don't know. It's like.... I'm seeing results and its just so, rewarding! OHH and he knows no bite. Thanks to everyone giving tips for that. I grap his lower jaw and say no bite while shaking it side to side... he still nips at our legs and every now and then gets rowdy but MY oh my it is not as bad!!!!!

It's just so insane that ME of all people did this!!! I am so happy!!! All my life I've had dogs that just like to chill and love ya but dont really have the learning curve as a Husky, and wow, it's just... indescribable!

He also shows a lot of loyalty with me.... but I guess I can't call it that cause well he's a husky, so maybe it's just that he respects me. and loves me. It's so nice.

There are still a lot of things that I need to do and he needs to do. For example, he still jumps on people, gets crazy happy and hyper around other dogs ( but I know once we take him to the dog park after his next set of shots that'll help), and gets possesive over toys and bones a little but, I now know I can do it, I can make him the type of dog I want him to be. Well no, cause of course, he is his self and has one heck of a personality hahaha, but I can mold him into a well behaved doggy!!!

Hahah did anyone else have this much pride and excitement with their puppies? Or am I kind of overeating?

post-3425-13585962352063_thumb.jpg

post-3425-13585962352815_thumb.jpg

post-3425-13585962354511_thumb.jpg

post-3425-13585962355074_thumb.jpg

with my friends male dogs that are all different breeds the vets always seem to tell clients to get their dogs castrated because of CANCER.... it might well happen alot but might be just like to stop breeding,. my mother in got two dogs non castrated and they are 13 years and 16 years old never a sign of the big C

but i guess if his bits are not in the right place that might be why,

im not trained on this just what i know and been told

we had an irish setter with one undescended ******** and we were told that if it was retained in the body the higher temperature could lead to cancer in later years, But due to the adverse effect on a setters coat after castration he wasn't done and lived to 14 years and 3 months with no problems. ( he was regularly checked over by the vet for any abnormal lumps and bumps and never bred from)

Unfortunately it is quite common - I am sure he will be fine. He is gorgeous by the way :)

:lol: At just 13 weeks you are doing a sterling job. Well done to you both. Just keep reinforcing the good behavior and keep working on the jumping up against people, and you will be fine. Having said that, mine still jump up against people to meet and greet them, not their fault though - my husband needs to go for classes on how not to greet them when he gets home :lol:

I know how rewarding it is when they respond to training. I myself am so proud of them I can't wait to share it with those who have huskies and understand what an achievement it is - non-husky owners just don't seem to get it at all :)

I read about this as ice was the same I did some research on it this was on shcgb this is wat they say: My puppy has no testicles, should I do anything to enourage them down?

Leave them alone!!!!

It's not unusual for testicles to take some time in dropping, in fact I know of one very successful show dog who didn't get his second one until he was seven months old.

I do think though, that continual groping could actually have the opposite effect to the one you want, although I've no scientific evidence to support that theory. I know it's very tempting to keep checking though.

I wouldn't consider doing anything to push nature along for the time being. But just to make sure that there is nothing happening to affect his natural development, I'd make sure that the puppy was getting fed correctly and has a proper worming regime.

Another thought - a well respeceted breeder once told me that overweight puppies were more likely to retain testicles. So although no-one would want a thin puppy, little puddings may be prone to problems.

Author: Lyn Hall

Siberians are unusual in that their testicles are very mobile. If you think about their natural habitiat, they experience very low temperatures which would damage the testes if they were exposed like a lot of breeds.

When the dog is out in the cold, and when he is working, his testicles are held very close to the body. They also have the ability to pull them up into the body cavity suddenly to prevent injury (think about how painful a kick in the scrotum from a caribou would be!).

When the dog is warm and relaxed they tend to hang down further and appear larger.

This has been the reason a lot of perfectly entire dogs have arrived at the vet's for a check and have appeared to be either monorchid or cryptorchid. The dog gets nervous about being at the vet's and "whoosh" up go the testicles to protect them!

Siberians also tend to "drop" their testicles late compared to other breeds. Some lines are very prone to this late development and if your dog is from one of these lines your breeder will probably tell you and reassure you that you will need to wait a little longer than normal. Many vets are keen to castrate dogs very young when in fact they are completely normal Sibes

Unfortunately it is quite common - I am sure he will be fine. He is gorgeous by the way :)

:lol: At just 13 weeks you are doing a sterling job. Well done to you both. Just keep reinforcing the good behavior and keep working on the jumping up against people, and you will be fine. Having said that, mine still jump up against people to meet and greet them, not their fault though - my husband needs to go for classes on how not to greet them when he gets home :lol:

I know how rewarding it is when they respond to training. I myself am so proud of them I can't wait to share it with those who have huskies and understand what an achievement it is - non-husky owners just don't seem to get it at all :)

hahaha my boyfriend does too!!! i agree, us husky-owners are a different kind, huh?

bleh! :( Well, good luck! So I see that Kody has a few days until home from quarantine, what exactly does that mean?

In the UK if a dog comes from another country without having his Rabies shot they have to go into Quarantine for 6 months, basically hes been in a kennel with no exercise or anything since September 2010.

Yeah hes out next Wednesday, Cant wait :(

Elizabeth, forgive me if Im repeating what someone else has said as I havnt read them all BUT at three months old your boy is still VERY young and his "bits" wont be anywhere near developed yet!

They will continue to develope and can still decend any time up to about 7-8 months old! If they are still undecended by that age then yes I would be inclinded to agree with the vet and have them removed for his own good, as I would actually say your best off neutering around a year old anyway to prevent a whole host of issues arising including massive sexual frustration of your boy when a girl is in heat nearby.

But I would say just till 8 months old let him be, let him grow and you might find they both descend by themselves dont jump to do a more invasive and expensive op on your boy just coz you have a vet that is either jumping the gun or is greedy and wants the extra cash! :huh:

One of my breeders dogs, Blade, had to be castrated because he had one testi in and one out.

Stacey xxx

aww blade was stunning!!!!! :D loved him lol :P gorgeous boy

anywya back to topic lol

blaze was the same - i would wait till he is ATLEAST a year old and then if they havent dropped get him fixed i wouldnt do it whilst he is still so young

When he gets a little older and if they've still not decended, you'll probably have to get him done. It's a little more complicated than a regular neuter, but it's not too bad. My mom has gotten a few rescues in that had one retained and they did fine through the surgery.