Bridge camera, should i get one...

Sid_Wolf

Ok, i've been looking at the fujifilm finepix series, specifically the S1600, and S1900

Has any one used either of these? how did you find the shutter speed? did it handle moving subjects well? Like were pics of moving subjects (like the dogs) clear or blurred??

I like the look of them, but dont wanna spend the money to find it isnt capable of what i want, iykwim

got 1 and i find it good to play with ...most peeps dont bother to play with the setting and that gives the camera a bad name to start with ..... manual setting can get very good pics just the matter of getting the right speed .......read the instructions is the best bet hehe

and blaze .....thats carmera shake .....not having the right speed , use a mono pod or cheap tripod next time with pan and tilt

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ50

l_00014054.jpg

It is about 4 years old now but still doing well.

If you want to capture fast moving objects you can set it to burst mode, this captures a series of photos

instead of just one.

It has been superceeded by the Lumix FX 100

A lot depends on how much you have to spend.

A decent bridge will cost £250 - £500

and DSLR's start at around £500 - £1000's

A good bridge will have a focal distance from Macro to Full Zoom (around 500mm)

A DSLR usually comes with one lens somewhere around a 50mm

you need to buy More lenses if you want a decent zoom capability, and they ain't cheap.

Some things to consider.

Have a look in Jessops if you have one nearby i got my DSLR from there staff very helpfull and they .do interest free for 12 months or 6 months whatever suitsThe camera with a decent zoom lense as well as standerd lense was just under 400£. -the 10% deposit i pay just over 30£ a month ,thats less than a pound a day. interest free.

I've been looking into upgrading our camera as it's a tad old, and the pics are okay but not great. Here's the info I found out.

A half decent bridge camera will cost you the same as an entry level DSLR. If your only looking to spend around £100 - £150 then a decent compact would be better than a low end bridge camera, also the low end bridge mostly use AA batteries rather than the Lithium rechargables!

If you don't have the money to buy new as the Sony a290 is £300 and the Canon EOS 1000D is £380, then look on Ebay but you'll only save yourself about £80ish on these two, which are the recommended entry level's. The bridge camera doesn't have very good shutter speeds so taking photo's of objects that are moving is difficult, and also the quoted fps (frames per second) on still's often impact on the resolution of the photo, they might quote 40fps but that's at 3MegaPixels rather than the 12-14MegaPixels that your camera can achieve.

Also bear it mind what pictures you intend to take as most DSLR's only come with a 18-55mm lens which doesn't give you much zoom. You will be looking at a 70-300mm for anything at a small distance.

Altogether you'll be looking at £600+ for starting out in the DSLR market, so becareful.

I'm shying away from the DSLR's at the moment I think they are too big for my use, I've been looking at the Casio EX-ZR100 that was released on the 1st March, it's a pretty good compact with burst features that's on the same par as a bridge camera, but smaller!

Hope this helps!

Also bear it mind what pictures you intend to take as most DSLR's only come with a 18-55mm lens which doesn't give you much zoom. You will be looking at a 70-300mm for anything at a small distance.

Altogether you'll be looking at £600+ for starting out in the DSLR market, so becareful.

I'm shying away from the DSLR's at the moment I think they are too big for my use, I've been looking at the Casio EX-ZR100 that was released on the 1st March, it's a pretty good compact with burst features that's on the same par as a bridge camera, but smaller!

Hope this helps!

I bought my DSLR for €500 (approx £430) with a 18-55 and a 70-300mm lens all included. I could even go cheaper by buying second handed, so it IS possible. The camera with only 18-55 is just €370 (approx £315).

Also, I found out that 18-55 has usually more than enough zoom, especially for photographic huskies :)