Alaska'a Poo??

Okay kinda an odd topic lolz, but alaska has been fine all day after puking alot 2 days ago, yestaday she had plain boiled rice and chicken breast, with carrots, runner beans and 2 spoonfuls of natural yogart, and today she did a poo with yellow bits in it >> i think this was the carrots as she doesn't uasally have veg, but half of it was covered in a sack like thing >> felt and looked like jelly (it was clear too) >>> i was going to take a pic and post it but i thought i might of got done for indecent exposure:verwirrt: lol

what could this be? and is it worth going to the vets?

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm Im sorry but can't really help. Sometimes when we go to the forest my boys have a habit of drinking the dirty water which can give the runs if they have alot (even though we carry clean water with us) but I'm not so sure about what you have mentioned, not come accross this before. Maybe it could be mucus lining from the stomach/intestine wall? Im not sure.

Sorry can't help much

I would see how she goes if her faeces continue to stay the same then a visit to the vet would probably be the best thing.

Hi...with her being unwell for a few days now i'd bite the bullet and head down the vets......a mucus covering (like the clear jelly you described) covering on faeces can be a sign of gastric problems incluing IBS, ulcerative colitis, bacterial infection, anal fissure or bowel obstruction (speaking from a human perspective but its all relevant our stomachs and bowel still operate the same!!!!!). the mucus can also be yellow in colour. Hopefully its nothing serious and its just that shes under the weather but well worth investigating!

Also its worth blending the veg when u give it ti her, lets her digest it better!

Sorry Alaska isn't feeling well, at first I thought your post was about Governor Palin (Alaska's gov LOL)

I was looking in the Merk Manual of Pet health (available on Amazon) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Merck-Merial-Manual-Pet-Health/dp/0911910999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1239132508&sr=8-1"]Merk Pet Health[/ame] and it sounds like an inflammation of the large intestine, which would really warrant a vet visit -can be caused by bacterial, parasitic or allergic causes. Better safe than sorry. Hope this helps. Hope its a minor problem.