Training weekend

Ok so Sarah has suggested a training weekend as her and Saz missed Elveden unfortunately.

Where I live we have a feild with different ways you can take, one lap round it (has trees n stuff too) is just under a mile I think, so perfect for new dogs starting out, and you can go round as many times as you like and take different paths etc. It has a small parking area.

This is literally 10 minutes walk from my house, where your welcome to stay over, its nothing special but its free, has a garden for the pups and sofas/a campbed to kip on. It also means that we dont have far to go to the loo or to get a cuppa!! ;)

Im free any sunday, and saturdays before 3.30, as I go to work, if you wanted to train all weekend your welcome to make yourself at home while im working (gerry will be at home and rick might be too) I finish around 9, sometimes a bit earlier.

I have a bike, and a scooter, and a spare harness for anyone who wants to borrow it.

Me and Rose will be on hand to help anyone out and give advice, and we can measure the distance of a trail and do times for anyone whos interested aswell.

Im in Ipswich, Suffolk. Who's interested and what weekends would suit you (im also avaliable mon-thursday atm)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop! Well Rose was talking of getting a licence for thretford over the Christmas period?

Personally Im free any time Saz is free to bring me! LOL

Also Saz you had a trailer at camp was it borrowed or urs? I was thinking if you could bring it then I could bring my scooter so we dont have to share equipment!

I do still need to messure up Shadow for a harness but am still unsure which one is best to get for him so might use this oportunity to try him with a few different ones before ordering one? :)

Whoop! Well Rose was talking of getting a licence for thretford over the Christmas period?

Personally Im free any time Saz is free to bring me! LOL

Also Saz you had a trailer at camp was it borrowed or urs? I was thinking if you could bring it then I could bring my scooter so we dont have to share equipment!

I do still need to messure up Shadow for a harness but am still unsure which one is best to get for him so might use this oportunity to try him with a few different ones before ordering one? :)

How big is your boy? Stevo is 26.25 kg and he has lrg manmat h back harness which fits well!

How big is your boy? Stevo is 26.25 kg and he has lrg manmat h back harness which fits well!

I didnt think manmat did H backs??? My Shadow is about 24ish kgs (hasn't been weighed in a while and guessin hes put a little on since we got him 6months ago) And he has a very well built frame! Iv tried him in a manmat Xback large and it fit ok but not like a glove... Maybe if we manage to get this training thing together I can try Shadow in Stevos harness on for size? :)

I didnt think manmat did H backs??? My Shadow is about 24ish kgs (hasn't been weighed in a while and guessin hes put a little on since we got him 6months ago) And he has a very well built frame! Iv tried him in a manmat Xback large and it fit ok but not like a glove... Maybe if we manage to get this training thing together I can try Shadow in Stevos harness on for size? :)

Oh maybe its called a shoulder harness :blink: Yeah course you can!:)

when will he be back huni??

not sure if he will be away for 2 or 3 weeks until he gets there huni, damn annoying too. My only wkend free is 20 & 21st november but doing something that wkend if he is back that is. If not will have to cancel it. Have the husky club of gb rally on 5th december which we are doing (2 dog class).Next wkend off will be xmas.

Yes sid, hoping to do the one on 19th december (kings east). only doing the 1 day on rallies.

WOOP!! you doing the saturday or the sunday?? We'll do whichever you do :)

Any idea where the feck it is tho??