husky fight or putting one in his place?

I know this has been talked about before, but nothing is quite like what's happening here, so maybe somebody with experience won't mind giving me advice, even though it may be repetitive here. I just don't know which strands to follow.

I have 2 rescue huskies. Andy has been with us about 7 weeks, and Jackson, 1 week. When they first met, they played for an hour, rough and tumble, but not aggressive. We thought great match, and brought Jackson home the next day. The rode home together in the car, and continue to ride together in the back seat just fine. Here's the problem...one day Jackson, who just isn't real aware of what's going on around him stuck his nose in when Andy was getting a treat and Andy took him down and bared his teeth and was aggressively barking at him. Didn't look like he was biting, but hard to tell. We pulled them apart, separated them for a few minutes, and then they seemed fine. They eat at the same time and don't bother each other, and when done, check out each other's bowls.

Today, we were all in the basement, no toys, no food, and all of a sudden, same thing. Now Jackson easily could have stepped on Andy's tail, or something else, but it is worrying me. All other times, they are great together. They get on the bed together and do fine and both get off when told. They lay together on the floor. Andy will occasionally grumble, or silently curl his lip, but we usually catch him and correct it.

One day Andy did come to the deck with blood on his cheek, but I think he may have bit his tongue, as nobody had a puncture wound of any kind. They have been together for a week. Jackson previously was living with 4 dogs for 4 months, and before that very neglected on a tie out in an urban yard. Andy has been rehomed 5 times, and is 99 percent of the time the best behaved laid back dog of any kind I've ever had. He only wants a toy when Jackson has it, and Jackson will play keep away with him, but he has a short fuse and they must be monitored. I will have to be leaving them alone together and neither will crate without negative response.

Thoughts? Will they work this out or do I need to give it more time, or should I consider not keeping Jackson? I don't want to do that, as he is a lover, and a good dog, but I don't want to risk anyone getting hurt. Your help is appreciated. Feel free to email me directly. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH]6400.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-2509-1358595691265_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt worry unless theres actually blood.. Linda (Valkyries) has two boys that fought sooooo nasty with each other most people would have given up one or both but she percivered with them and now their best buds and they couldnt even look at eachother without a fight starting so sounds like your two boys are just getting to know eachother (and you, you havnt had either of them long) they're getting settled in and testing eachothers limits and so on.. give them time sounds like they already get on great. Perhaps jst dont leave anything out that could start a fight unless your there to supervise, and I would really work with them on the crateing issue as this is the safest for them and your house and furniture when your not arround! :)

You've only had them both together for a very short period of time, they will need time to adjust and settle - it could take up to 6 months but they will sort themselves out :) The aggressive sound that they are making will sound worse than it actually is I would imagine although it will sound terrible huskies are a lot more vocal than other dogs :)

Keep up with what you're doing hun, as Sarah mentioned, Crate training may be a good idea if you ever have to leave them alone together.

agree with everything already said sounds like they are just getting used 2 each other n they need time 2 settle in together - weve had skyla for about 7 months now n we still get the occasional domiance scrap but its not as bad as it was n i think the reason they r doing it now (they had sorted it out) is bacuse skyla has been in season so is no longer a pup in Blazes eyes so needs to be put back in her place even tho she nos where she is in the pack

Thanks for all your answers. Yesterday was really the first day that I started being concerned after a week. Andy, who is so laid back doesn't like to lose "the game" and will take Jackson down! Jackson plays close to "Mom" and runs circles over and around the deck so I keep the water bottle handy. Food isn't an issue unless one is getting and the other isn't, but Jackson is the speed eater. Neither has been crate trained successfully prior to my home, and here's what Andy did to the crate last time we tried...[ATTACH]6401.IPB[/ATTACH]

The crate is up on it's side, so he actually pulled the top off and squeezed his body out. He was waiting for me on the rug by the door when I got home. Neither has shown signs of wanting to be destructive...and have stayed home together alone once for about an hour successfully. I really do love them both a lot, but I will eventually have to go back to work and fear the worst. Thanks for the support:lol: I'm so glad I've found the forum!

post-2509-13585956913301_thumb.jpg