Walking the dog

well after getting her 2nd dose vaccination the vet said i can start walking her instead of waiting another month for the 3rd dose , so today i tried doing that and didnt get far , got to my front yard and stopped , miska decided to chew on the rocks in my front yard LOL , its like she doesnt want to go for a walk , she just stays there , is it because shes only 12 weeks old

daughtry did the same!!!!

we led her around the house on lead and then stepped outside.

she followed for a while and then decided nope not moving!!!!!

our saving grace was that we had echo (gsd) and daughtry followed her everywhere so we just brought echo out and she trotted along finebiggrin.gif

if you can get someone with a pup or vaccinated dog to walk with you it might encourage the pup to venture further.

kelly

Aw, I'm sure she'll want to walk soon! Lyra has always been eager on the leash - the first day we got her she chased us around outside on potty breaks.

Pretty soon she'll always want to go outside and on walks! Lyra tries to get in other people's cars and constantly goes by the door to be let out... :)