Neurotic Beagle

She had not one, but two collars on...because her the muscles in her jaw have atrophied her head isn't the right shape to keep her collars around her neck. We normally use a harness to walk her, but her harness got left up North during a recent trip. Foxie was just following her (as lord can she run), he's back, bathed and all butt hurt at me for brushing him. This is the second time this has happened. When she gets going it's like trying to hunt down a fugitive. She goes into small spaces and runs through any water she comes across to evade her pursuers and loved ones. Last time, they'd found her in under an hour nine miles from my house. Have notified animal control, combed the beach and surrounding neighborhoods and are otherwise in the process of going crazy. I think I'm going to lose my mind. It's taken soooo long to get her into the health she's in now.

We've found her and buried her...I'm totally devistated right now. Yeah she was neurotic, but she'd been through so much before we got her, and we tried so hard to give her a better life. She went from abused puppymill brood bitch to a member of our family in no time. We were so excited when her muscles had gotten strong enough to eat solid food again, and I was off the chain when she could finally raise and lower her ears a bit. She slept in my daughters room every night, and was crazy for hotdogs (which was the only thing we could get her to take her meds in).

she ran in front of a car on the highway that goes up the coast. The only reason we got to bury her was because an employee at the flying pig stopped to move her body off the road. When we stopped by to put up the flyers that I'd made, they told me what had happened. I started losing it then...the superviser let her off work so she could take me to where she'd left her. It was aweful to see her like that...at least she doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm gunna go... I'm bawling my eyes out right now...kids are taking it better than I am...

OMG thats just the sadest thing! Im welling up here! Poor poor girl! Im so very sorry for her that there are such bad people in this world that would bring her up like that to start with and she was just getting into a normal life too!

I really cant think what to say accept I am so very truely sorry for your loss. Huge hugs.. run free to rainbow bridge sweet girl, no more pain for you just sweet sunshine and meadows untill your family join you. :(

Oh Steph i'm so so sorry :( That's so sad

My thoughts are you with you and your family hun xxxxx I'm glad you got to lay her to rest peacefully though, take comfort in the fact she is pain free and will now be terrorising the huskies over the bridge xxx

Yes, yes she is...thank you everyone for your support through this, yesterday was super rough. We had the girl who actually caught Fox after he went after Angel yesterday over last night...and it turns out his attention whoredom and the work I've been doing with his recall is what saved him. Uber paranoid about Fox's walks as of today, don't mean to be but I really can't help it. Walks with Mum only for that boy...