Angel the Beagle

A little about Fox's playmate Angel the beagle. Angel is completely neurotic...this isn't entirely her fault and we try not to hold it against her. Her previous owners used her for a BYB brood bitch. The vet estimates that this two year old bitch has had between three and five litters of puppies. End result: Dog with nipples larger than mine, Canine Myositosis from neglect and malnutrition coupled with being bred too young, dog with fear of people whose not socialized at all, intolerant of puppies in general. It took us a month to get this darling to the point that her jaws were strong enough to eat solid food. She wasn't house broken, and she ran from all adults. Now she'll allow us to give her treats...but she still runs from men shaking. We're pretty sure she was abused. When we took her in to be fixed she had worms, needed nail trimmings horribly...needed shots...and needed spayed. She also had a double ear infection.

We've taken care of the major health issues...and now we have a cracktastic beagle that makes our husky puppy look like a mellow creature. She adores children and the elderly...but average adults, she's not so big on. She eats computer cords...and is skittish around loud noises, sudden movements, and adult men. At this point...if she'll sit for a piece of steak we are the happiest pet owners in the world (but we feel sorta bad cuz Fox has to work his nuts off to get a bit of steak). She still has accidents in the house...she is crate trained but that's it...

So frustrated at this point with her...just because we're working so hard to gain her trust...and it's hard with a dog that spent the first two years of her life giving birth or chained to a pole. She can move her ears now...she couldn't do that two months ago.

Angel's head after WEEKS and WEEKS of therapy and uber encouragement for chew toys...she can move her ears now!!! YAY!!!

5027-beaglebeauty-albums-angel-picture2829-top-head-improving.jpg

5027-beaglebeauty-albums-angel-picture2753-time-my-walk.jpg

Angel the Beagle

5027-beaglebeauty-albums-angel-picture2752-angel-sporting-her-wings.jpg

More Angel sporting her wings

5027-beaglebeauty-albums-angel-picture2750-look-me-arent-i-pretty.jpg

Aren't I pretty????