Dufuss is in the dog house

:angry:

Dufuss has decided he likes to try and rip up the carpet in the living room by the door.....the bit where ozzy had had a go a loooong time ago. he has also started to eat the rug THAT WE ONLY BOUGHT TODAY!!!!

we bought him 2 chew toys today but he's not bothered with them at all and instead is eating the carpet/underlay or the sides of the rug.......what can i do to stop this?? i've had to shut the living room door and keep him in the bedroom with me but i can't do this forever and obv cant remove the carpet (and the rug is much needed coz of the state of the carpet.

WHAT CAN I DO????????

what is the best way to tell him off so he gets the msg???

thanks (in advance!)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god embry did that too when he was around the same age as dufuss, made me want to rip my hair out! i put the that bitter spray on the carpet so he wouldn't want to touch the carpet. um i also bought that hard vinyl stuff you put under computer chairs on carpet http://www.amazon.com/Robbins-Chairmat-Low-Pile-Standard/dp/B002VL4AHA/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1281144880&sr=1-14 like that but i went to the local hardware store and got 12ft of it for $20 if you wanna try that

We have a heap of toys inside for our two and that seems to occupy them and they are yet to destroy anything in the house.

Sasha is nearly 3yrs old and Bailey is about 13months old now.

Intersting to see people posting pics and telling stories of their house hold items being destroyed/ripped/chewed etc...

Is it dependent on how much exercise they get? OR Do you think it is purely a naughty Sib issue? :)

Loki does this also... He just loves to eat the underlay but only when we arent in and i also have a lovely bald patch on my rug where he has decided to pull all the threds... It drives me mad! I always make sure he has had a good walk and run before we go out and leave him so i know its not an exercize issue.... He never does it while we are in tho... Think i might try that spray too! Will have a look in pets at home next time i am in there...SO glad this thred was started Lol :)

you can buy chew deterrent huni

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=302&pf_id=51956&co=fr

im not sure if it works or anything though as never used it before.....we have been lucky with stuff in the house as shiloh hasnt really chewed anything...if we have seen him do something bad we have always tapped him on the end of his nose and said NO very sternly....also we used to close his mouth shut and hold it together, again saying NO very sternly.....that has always seem to do the trick for us :)

hope you manage to get summat sorted chick x x x

Hi stevo started destroying everything at that age, have not tried any sprays as we had wood floor but he used to(well still does if not watched lol) eat the skirting and now in new house the back of the door!!!! anything wood for him, when he pulled bt socket off wall i covered it in pepper and he did not touch it again!!! Prob no help sorry but it will get better, EVENTUALLY lol!!!:lol:

i took my carpets up an put wood floor down but as you can't do this, my friend had a staff that started to chew the carpets and like you, she was in rented house, so we folded her carpet up. We put it in her attic and put laminate floor down.

When she moved she took the laminate floor with her and we just put the carpet back down xxxxx

lmao at linda!!!! omg laminate flooring?! ha ha ha can you see mike and i putting down laminate flooring??? it's bad enough putting a tent up!!!!

saz, we can crate him but this is like when we're in the house!!!

nix-he's got toys!! lots of toys!!! (and he's eaten my pillow little sod!!!)

am going to try putting pepper on it and tabasco when tamz gives me it!!! our house is going to smell luuuuuuuuuuuuverly!!!!