An update on Kira :)

It's been quite a while, so I thought I would give you guys an update on Kira.

She just turned 1 on July 21st.

(She had a great birthday by the way, Daddy made her a special dinner, and I made her a doggy-friendly cake)

Anyways, the update.

You wouldn't believe she's the same husky!

She's an angel!

After confining her to one specific area so we could keep tabs on her at all times she:

-has had only one or two accidents (as opposed to constantly going on the floor)

-no longer shows any signs of aggression.

-plays with my mom's little cockapoo Priscilla JUST fine, totally loves her and even shares with her!

She is WONDERFUL!

My mom has fallen absolutely in love with her too! (She spoils her rotten and even nags on me when I discipline her, who would have thought?! haha!)

I want to thank EVERYONE at this site for all the help and feedback. I don't know if we'd still have her without your guys' help!

Here's some pictures from her birthday bonanza, too!

cake-1.jpg

Kira.jpg

Allgone.jpg

awww Happy Birthday Kira!! looks like you enjoyed your cake :D Bet there were no crumbs left on the floor by the time you'd finished :lol:

That's so great that she's come along so much! - when are you getting a second? laugh.gif

Depending on where you end up - there are several really good adoption groups here in the US! Adopt a Husky (AAHI) is out a number of areas, by now - they have a web page (www.adoptahusky.com ) - I know a lot of the people involved, and they are fantastic! The Siberian Husky Club of America also has a rescue page (of which I don't have personal experience, but would assume would be good, as well) http://www.siberianrescue.com. Sometimes, if you can find a show or working breeder in your area, they might have an adult that they would be willing to place. Most larger areas have a breed club - you can find a local club through this link... http://www.shca.org/shcahp4e.htm. Good luck, and congratulations on doing so well with Kira!

well done, Kira!! No wonder you enjoyed that cake, it looked scrummy!! :lol:

It's great to hear about the change in her, all your hard work & perseverance has paid off, never underestimate her, she may lapse with the odd game of hide the sock, but she is so worth all the effort!! :P:D